It’s been a busy few weeks and a number of improvements have been made. A bunch of bugs have been fixed and a few new features. Statistics (Using the internal tracker) has a few new tricks up it’s sleeve and can now also show this and last months totals for adverts.
The Mobile feature has had a bit of an overhaul and now uses the PHP Library ‘Mobile Detect’ to determine what’s what. This allows for a bit more control.
You’ll see that adverts that are set to be mobile only now can differentiate between Phones and Tablets. Check your advert settings to see how this works.
The Responsive feature is proving exceedingly difficult to set up and maintain. This feature will no longer see much updates and may eventually be removed from AdRotate (Pro) again. For the time being, the Mobile Feature is the way forward.
- [new] Select if Mobile adverts show on phones and/or tablets
- [new] Adblock disguise
- [new] Switch to enable shortcodes in text widgets
- [new] Current and last months clicks for adverts and groups
- [new] Current and last months impressions for adverts and groups
- [change] Use get_home_path() for files instead of own function
- [change] Better rendering of live preview
- [change] CSV exports of adverts no longer supported
- [change] Dashboard optimizations and improvements
- [fix] Rendering for live preview for advertisers
- [fix] Don’t allow special characters in the banner folder name
- [fix] Belgium not listed for Geo Targeting
- [fix] Table layout for adverts, groups and schedules
- [fix] Select box layout for Post Injection and Geo Targeting
- [fix] Tracking error when using HTML5/JS/Flash ads
- [fix] Geo Cookie life not saving properly
- [i18n] New and changed translation strings
Reminder: Less support
At the end of the month I’ll be travelling to the Philippines. Probably with dodgy internet until I arrive at my destination on Mindoro in early October.
This means that between September 28th and October 5th I may not respond to email, forum posts, chat or tweets. If at all possible I will try to answer emails and possibly forum posts every few days. But I’m not sure if I’ll be able to.