Posted on

AdRotate Pro 4.5.1 – Fixing widgets

Small and quick update fixing the dropdown menus of the Single Advert and Group widget.

In version 4.5 the widgets changed a bit internally, and some stray debug code was still in the group widget as well as the wrong handling of arrays/objects in the advert widget 🙁 This has now been fixed.

Changes

[unordered_list style=”arrow”]

  • Note: Graphs may show cluttered for previously collected stats.
  • Note: Exports may be hard to read for previously collected stats.
  • [fix] Single Advert widget dropdown now works
  • [fix] Groups widget dropdown no longer outputs debug info

[/unordered_list]

Endless ricefields

Ricefields everywhere. One after the other, hundreds of square kilometeres of rice.

Posted on

AdRotate Free 4.1 – Available now

Bugfix release and a bunch of tweaks. The deletion of tracker data should now finally work properly.

Statistics graphs

Graphs have been sowing inaccurate dates since a few versions ago. Data collection has not been affected and has been accurate. Due to some internal changes on how to display and store stats the graphs showed wrong dates and as such not always correct day-to-day stats. This has now been fixed and graphs will show correct dates after this update.

Changes

[unordered_list style=”arrow”]

  • Note: Graphs may show cluttered for previously collected stats.
  • [change] Stats now stored in daily increments again
  • [fix] Stats graphs now show more accurate dates/numbers for days
  • [fix] Close link for ‘upgrade to AdRotate Pro’ banner
  • [fix] Tracker data cleanup should now work

[/unordered_list]

Jagged mountain range

While on a roadtrip earlier this month we found these crazy mountains on the other side of Mindoro.

Posted on

AdRotate Pro 4.5 – Fixing tracker data and graphs

Mostly a bugfix release but also a new feature. You can now set adverts and schedules to delete themselves after they expire with a simple checkbox.

Auto delete

In the settings of each advert and schedule you’ll find a checkbox to auto-delete itself one day after the advert or schedule expires. This is very useful if you have a lot of campaigns that do not require renewing or attention after they end.

Statistics graphs

Graphs have been sowing inaccurate dates since version 4.1.5 (released a few weeks ago). Data collection has not been affected and has been accurate. Due to some internal changes on how to display and store stats the graphs showed wrong dates and as such not always correct day-to-day stats. This has now been fixed and graphs will show correct dates after this update.

Exporting stats uses an updated algorithm which may show a hard to read export until the end of the month. Double dates can be summed up as these are hourly stats instead of daily stats. AdRotate Pro has switch back to storing daily stats.

Changes

[unordered_list style=”arrow”]

  • Note: Graphs may show cluttered for previously collected stats.
  • Note: Exports may be hard to read for previously collected stats.
  • [new] Option to automatically delete expired adverts
  • [new] Option to automatically delete expired schedules
  • [change] Stats now stored in daily increments again
  • [fix] Stats graphs now show more accurate dates/numbers for days
  • [fix] Improved PHP7 compatibility
  • [fix] Close link for ‘rate AdRotate Pro’ banner
  • [fix] Impression spread indicator when selecting schedules
  • [fix] Tracker data cleanup should now work
  • [fix] Network widget showing correct settings after saving
  • [fix] Network widget showing correct advert for single adverts

[/unordered_list]

Unfettered wildernis

While on our roadtrip earlier this month we found ourselves near this small lake to take a break. No celltowers, no cars, no people. Just us and nature.

Posted on

Analytics Spam Blocker now under my wing!

Recently I’ve rewritten en re-released the fairly popular Analytics Spam Blocker. Originally created by Luke Williamson. He didn’t want to continue the project so I asked if I could take over and he agreed 🙂

Not being updated for a while there was a bunch of stuff to do, I’ve optimised the plugin a bit and rewritten a bunch of stuff to make it work with more modern WordPress versions – Though Lukes code was nice and not much needed to be done there.

More importantly. With the spawning of new bots and referral spam every day, a common complaint was that new domains to block weren’t included in the plugin fast enough. With my new version this is mostly negated by an automatic reporting system.

Read more »