This update focuses on streamlining the AdRotate Banner Manager experience and improves a number of things in the dashboard. Better dashboard banners, better dateformats for date pickers and full WordPress 5.3 compatibility.
Updating AdRotate Banner Manager a good idea. Staying up-to-date with most plugins is never bad. Updates are important for your websites security. But often they also add new or improve current features.
Not updating may put your website at risk. Not only from hackers, but also to get behind on performance. For example, the most common issue I see when people complain that AdRotate slows their site down is that they use a 4-5 year old version of the plugin. Newer versions have seen many optimizations and improvements to stay fast. Everyone who didn’t update will not have those improvements.
So update at least a few times per year.
Changes for AdRotate Banner Manager 5.6.1
- [change] More modern and polished look for notifications
- [change] Clearer date format (dd-mmm-yyyy) for date pickers
- [change] Improved WordPress 5.3 compatibility
- [change] Dashboard tweaks
- [fix] Several PHP Warnings on new installs
- [fix] AdRotate now better removes all database settings on uninstall