Several bug fixes to improve schedule management and to make sure files are uploaded properly and are what they appear.
If you’ve noticed that files that were uploaded ended up with a double extension. This has been fixed. While looking into that I also noticed that the mime-type of zip files was not accurately checked. So I’ve fixed that as well. A pathing issue related to zip files has been corrected too.
These new features for checking mime-types are security related, to make extra sure that you’re not uploading a fake file pretending to be an image while it’s in actuality a different file – Which may contain malicious content.
The functions used for these checks require your server to have the fileinfo module enabled. This is a super common module that most servers have already. Ask your hosting provider to enable it if you notice errors complaining about non-existent functions.
Something like this:
Error message: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mime_content_type()
Showing this error to your hosting provider will speed things up with them understanding what needs to be done.
Staying up-to-date with plugins is important and is almost never a bad thing. Updates are important for your website security. But more often updates also add new or improve features as well.
Updates are available via your dashboard and require no special knowledge to install, this makes it extremely easy to keep your site secure and have the latest features.
Changes in AdRotate 5.8.25
- [update] Tested with WordPress 6
- [fix] Double file extension when uploading file
- [fix] Uploading zip files now reliably detects mime type
- [fix] Schedules not always saving when editing adverts
- [fix] Schedules not always deleting when deleting adverts