At long last. Updated Geo Targeting!
Due to ongoing problems with FreegeoIP that service is no longer support and has been replaced with AdRotate Geo and Telize. Both of which can be used for free.
The geo targeting code has been overhauled to work more reliable using cookies and session data. And most geo services now also show states and metro codes for cities.
- [new] BETA AdRotate Geo Service
- [new] Bot filter now also applied to Geo Data
- [new] Cookie lifespan configurable from 24 to 168 hours
- [new] $_SESSION used for initial Geo data
- [new] Geo Data now includes City Metro ID’s
- [new] Geo status in email notifications
- [new] Geo status sent in push notifications
- [new] AdRotate compatibility with new License API on ajdg.solutions
- [fix] More accurate filtering for mixed city/state adverts
- [fix] Impressions per day for schedules not accurate
- [fix] Better check to see if Geo Cookie exists
- [fix] Impression counting using the right timestamp
- [fix] Warning undefined offset ‘city’ and/or ‘country’ for some adverts
- [fix] Warning undefined variable ‘$adrotate_queue’ for some users
- [tweak] Dynamic groups now hide all ads but one on pageload
- [tweak] Updated links and stuff for new ajdg.solutions website
- [tweak] 20% smaller geo cookie
- [tweak] Impression timer can be 10 again, default remains 60
- [tweak] Load/Check Geo Cookie only on front-end
- [i18n] Spanish updated
- [i18n] Russian translation added
As you may have seen, the AdRotate website has merged with my primary site ajdg.solutions. All sales, support and updates will go through this website from now on.