This version of AdRotate Professional comes with a slew of improvements and tweaks. Most notably a revamp of the Multisite Networking features. Making it much more easy to share groups of ads across instances on your network and see on those instances where and which ads are included.
On top of that WordPress’ Gutenberg blocks got an upgrade and now support AdRotate’s Caching features, same as widgets.
And groups work more efficiently as a whole, looping less data around, which should make them a tiny tiny bit faster and more memory efficient.
For groups you can now select which group to pull ads from in the dashboard. This renders the site attribute/variable you’d use in Shortcodes and PHP Snippets mostly obsolete. The aim is to remove it at some point, but that’s not decided yet.
A big change is that the shortcodes and PHP code behaves a bit different from this version onwards. You now place the local group and the Site variable tries to add in the network ads, with the local ads. The local ads can be empty… But it has to be a local group.
This allows for networked groups to be mixed in with local ads in that group. Which was never possible before.
If you have a Multisite, check out the new option in your group settings (When editing a group, Advanced section) for the new dropdown menu. Once saved, you can also see the network ads listed in the Adverts list when editing the group highlighted in blue.
Video ads are becoming more popular for some reason. AdRotate Pro’s Advert Generator can now generate a basic video advert.
This is very much an experiment, but the basic code should work and be responsive.
You’ll find the new options in the Advert Generator. For now only mp4 files are supported.
Let me know what you think, does the generated advert work for you? Or if not, what would you like to see changed?
For Mobile ads the “Other” Operating system has been removed as it was largely unused.
The remaining “iOS” an “Android” options are only used when the “Mobile” or “Tablet” options are enabled.
The idea here is that the Mobile function offers less combinations to go wrong on, improving the ease of use.
Changes in AdRotate Professional 5.14
- [new] Blocks now support fragmented cache
- [new] Generate video ads with Advert Generator (experimental)
- [new] Option to select a multisite group when editing groups
- [fix] Removed periods/dots from widgets
- [fix] Added default status when Geo Targeting is disabled
- [fix] Groups no longer redundantly switch instances for multisites
- [fix] Hide group size in Manage Groups if it’s set to ‘auto’
- [fix] ‘Auto delete’ not as bold text in Manage Adverts
- [change] Reworked operating system selection for mobile adverts
- [change] Reworked group output and made it more efficient
- [change] Reworked multisite site switch, use dashboard option instead
- [change] Requires PHP 7.4 or newer
The update is available now, you can update through automatic updates in your dashboard or via direct download in your dashboard.
Or if you do not have AdRotate Pro yet, get your copy today through the product pages below.