A redesigned dashboards for all kinds of features. Revised settings for Advertiser management and update the advertiser dashboards. Geo Targeting prioritizes matching differently and the option to disable Dynamic groups for mobile is back.
This release updates the Geo Targeting routine a bit. Ever since the feature got added it would filter on Cities and then States and finally Countries. If no city was matched, the advert would be dropped, ignoring the states and countries. If no State would match, the countries would be ignored and so on... While this works fine. It's not very flexible. This update fixes that.
This means that you can now configure cities, states and countries all in one advert. If no city matches, but a country does... The advert still shows for that country.
Kind of... As requested by a few users the Advertiser options have been improved. Back in January of February I finally got some constructive feedback and ideas from someone who uses these features. The request includes better controls for what advertisers can do and some ideas on how to make that work for the admins were provided. Good stuff. Along the way I've added some other things and optimized the controls a great deal.
The creating and editing of adverts are now 2 separate permissions.
The global settings have been removed as they didn't work reliably anyway. And the Advertiser tab in Settings has been merged into the Roles tab.
All the controls are now available PER advertiser/user from the users profile. Neat and simple.
The advertiser dashboards have been updated accordingly as well.
If you are using the Advertiser features make sure for each advertiser that their permissions are set up correctly after updating. Obviously the new permissions can be applied but a few things have changed behind the scenes as well, which may cause the mobile settings to no longer work until you resave them in each advertisers profile.
Staying up-to-date with plugins is important and is almost never a bad thing. Updates are important for your website security. But more often updates also add new or improve features as well.
Updates are available via your dashboard and require no special knowledge to install, this makes it extremely easy to keep your site secure and have the latest features.
Changes in AdRotate Professional 5.8.14
- [reversal] Re-added option to disable dynamic mode on mobile
- [change] Simplified settings text in General Settings
- [change] Merged Advertiser tab into Roles tab
- [change] Removed global permissions for advertisers
- [change] Advertiser advert creation dashboard overhauled
- [change] Geo Targeting now matches city/state/country independently
- [change] Geo Targeting now filters faster
- [new] Edit/Create adverts are now separate permissions for advertisers
- [new] User Profile controls for advertisers expanded and overhauled
- [fix] Advertiser permissions work more reliably
- [fix] Advert no longer fails evaluation if a script tag is present
- [fix] Initiate sessions a bit later
- [i18n] Corrected 'Post Injection' labels in Dutch translation