A few quirks and bugs have been squashed. Small but important changes to the dashboard to no longer give errors when viewing a graph. Better handling of failing servers for Geo Location. And some other stuff.
A number of compatibility issues with PHP8 have recently been resolved and AdRotate Pro should now work properly on it.
Please if you find quirks or errors when using PHP8 let me know as soon as possible and include the error message so I can fix them in the next update.
As you’ve probably noticed updates have slowed quite a bit over the last few months. This is mostly because I was on a road trip which turned out to be much more demanding than expected. Internet services along the way kinda sucked, too. That’s the official reason anyway. Really though, for the most part being on a large road trip is an intense experience and I didn’t feel like thinking or focussing about other things for a while.
Now, the adventure is over for the time being. I’ve rented an apartment without an end-date so I can focus and catch up on work again.
This means, once I find my footing and figure some things out, updates should be more forthcoming.
I’m still working on AdRotate Swap. The unique and new approach to website promotion. AdRotate Swap will be added to a future version of AdRotate and AdRotate Pro. AdRotate Swap is an easy way to promote your website for free on websites that use AdRotate or AdRotate Pro. Every AdRotate and AdRotate Pro user can participate.
If you have thoughts or comments about this new feature, let me know in the comments or through the contact form!
Staying up-to-date with plugins is important and is almost never a bad thing. Updates are important for your website security. But more often updates also add new or improve features as well.
Updates are available via your dashboard and require no special knowledge to install, this makes it extremely easy to keep your site secure and have the latest features.
Changes in AdRotate Professional 5.8.17
- [fix] Notice about height on stats
- [fix] Overall stats now only count active adverts
- [fix] Archiving adverts deleted wrong stats in some cases
- [fix] Uninstaller calling unused/broken functions
- [fix] Geo Targeting now properly handles failed server responses