Get AdRotate Pro today! It’s got blocks and includes a number of security fixes for text fields. AdRotate Pro has been updated to work with Borlabs cache 1.6.5 and newer and a lot of small changes and improvements have been made under the hood.
Blocks unfortunately won’t go away, so its time that AdRotate Pro supports them on a basic level. AdRotate Pro now has 2 blocks, one for groups and one for single adverts that you can use in posts and pages as well as widget replacements.
In the block editor simply look for ‘AdRotate’, ‘Banner’ or some other relevant keywords and you’ll find the blocks as depicted below.
Here you can drag or activate the block as normal and enter the advert or group ID in the text field. Click save, and you’re done.
Any formatting, layouts or coloring can be added in the AdCode as normal or via the Groups Wrapper fields. Just as you’re used to. Isn’t that neat? I think it is.
If you find any quirks with the blocks let me know in the comments below or through your contact form in your dashboard. Thanks!
Of-course AdRotate Pro with blocks is still compatible with ClassicPress as well.
AdRotate Pro 5.8.19 addresses a security flaw on some text fields where a XSS attack would be possible for privileged users. This means admin accounts. Since you protect your admin account the risk of this being exploited is near zero. Still, the affected text fields, 5 of them, have been fixed and are now secure. Other inputs use a more standardized filter as well so making adverts, groups and schedules is now extra secure.
I’m still working on AdRotate Swap. The unique and new approach to website promotion. AdRotate Swap will be added to a future version of AdRotate and AdRotate Pro. AdRotate Swap is an easy way to promote your website for free on websites that use AdRotate or AdRotate Pro. Every AdRotate and AdRotate Pro user can participate.
If you have thoughts or comments about this new feature, let me know in the comments or through the contact form!
Staying up-to-date with plugins is important and is almost never a bad thing. Updates are important for your website security. But more often updates also add new or improve features as well.
Updates are available via your dashboard and require no special knowledge to install, this makes it extremely easy to keep your site secure and have the latest features.
Changes in AdRotate Professional 5.8.19
- [new] Better global notifications for schedules with warnings
- [new] Option to disable schedule warnings.
- [new] Don’t make Geo/Update requests if banned
- [fix] Inaccurate status for spread option when editing schedules
- [fix] Low risk security fixes for saving adverts and groups
- [fix] Low risk security fixes for saving advertiser input
- [fix] Low risk security fixes for saving schedules
- [fix] Removed obsolete code related to advertiser contact options
- [fix] Better validate uploaded files
- [fix] Better handling of server errors for updates
- [fix] Better handling of server responses for AdRotate Geo
- [update] Borlabs cache code – Requires Borlabs Cache 1.6.5+
- [update] Removed unused ‘save options’ button in Maintenance dashboard