This update adds support for Special territories and Administrative areas in AdRotate Geo. Fixes archiving of adverts and includes many more tweaks and little things that have been improved.
While Special Territories and Administrative areas are not really countries, many have their own country ISO code. And now you can use them.
These are places like Hong Kong, Macau and a selection of (Former) European colonies all over the world. You can now select them in the countries list just like other countries.
Archived adverts and their stats
As someone discovered earlier this month, adverts that got archived were missing their stats. Turns out that stats weren’t reliably moved over to the archive. This has now been fixed.
If you have previously archived stats and need to see them for the archived adverts let me know and I’ll help you migrating those stats.
If you haven’t deleted any stats lately they should still be there, waiting to be migrated.
Exporting of stats
A new format for stats exporting has been added. This is probably a more useful format than the ‘current’ format.
You can now choose which one you want as you export things. Check it out in the group statistics and global stats.
Staying up-to-date with plugins is important and is almost never a bad thing. Updates are important for your website security. But more often updates also add new or improve features as well.
Updates are available via your dashboard and require no special knowledge to install, this makes it extremely easy to keep your site secure and have the latest features.
Changes in AdRotate Professional 5.8.9
- [new] Added support for special territories in Geo Targeting
- [new] Added new export format for global stats
- [new] Added new export format for group stats
- [fix] Missing tracker variable for archived adverts
- [fix] AdRotate Geo reset value not always set
- [fix] Stats not always showing up for archived adverts
- [fix] Error handling for ipstack Geo Targeting
- [tweak] Adjusted error handling for update checks
- [tweak] AdRotate Geo reset value is now a transient
- [tweak] Reworded spread impressions description
- [tweak] Schedule notifications more clearly describe their issue