Version 5.10 overhauls Post Injection. Post Injection now also supports WooCommerce, Classic Commerce and bbPress. On top of that it adds more placement options. You can now add adverts in way more places in posts and pages. But also before and after product pages, bbPress topics and forums.
You’ll instantly be familiar with the new settings as they work exactly the same. There is just more of it.
A lurking issue with overlapping or double adverts that affected some users has finally been figured out and should no longer happen.
AdRotate Pro now looks more smartly at a page and loads all adverts for it before selecting one – Instead of loading groups one by one which could result in double adverts in some posts.
In the dashboard a ton of small little tweaks and fixes have been applied to the internal notifications. If adverts are saved with errors it’ll show the intended error notification again. A number of notifications got lost along the line. I’ve fixed as many as I could find.
This of-course helps you managing your adverts better and is very much a quality of life fix.
Staying up-to-date with AdRotate Pro is easier than ever now that I finally figured out the intermittent update info getting lost that happened for some users. I never encountered this myself, and as a result always thought it was some glitch with WordPress transients or something. WP being dumb basically. Based on recent user feedback I did figure it out and found another cause – WordPress being dumb in a different way. For some reason WordPress assumes the plugin slug (an important identifier) by its name instead of just using the slug, this assumed slug then doesn’t match the actual slug for AdRotate pro. I found a way to ‘cheat in’ the actual slug, and now popups and update information are shown more reliable.
Changes in AdRotate Professional 5.10
- [new] More placement options for Post Injection
- [new] Post Injection for WooCommerce product pages
- [new] Post Injection for bbPress forum and topic pages
- [fix] Better advert selection for Post Injection (internal)
- [fix] Occasional double or missing adverts with Post Injection
- [fix] Incorrect notifications when saving ads or doing tasks
- [fix] Missing notifications when doing tasks
- [fix] Archive function not always visible when editing adverts
- [fix] Plugin information popup now always works
- [change] Removed unused maintenance functions
Grab your update today, available through automatic updates in your dashboard or via direct download in your dashboard. Or if you do not have AdRotate Pro yet, get your copy today through the product pages below.