An important update for managing assets. The Media Manager is finally able to upload and unpack zip files.
This means that, if you want to, you can now simply upload the zip file from your advert and have AdRotate Professional set up the files.
Piwik support got replaced with proper Matomo Analytics support. And a number of quirks and bugs have been fixed.
Adverts and assets
The Media Manager got a bit update and can now upload and unzip archives. Simply upload your .zip file and AdRotate handles that gracefully. The zip file is deleted after it has been unpacked. So no clutter… Of-course make sure your zip file contains the right files in the right folder structure or things may get messy.
Some advertiser zips contain multiple adverts or all kinds of unwanted files. So be careful.
Flash adverts are no longer supported. If you have an embed code or object it’ll still workin AdRotate Professional. But the dashboard and media manager do not cater for those adverts anymore. Switch your adverts to the more modern HTML5 standard if you want interactive adverts.
SVG files are becoming more popular for adverts, so those can now be uploaded through the Media Manager.
Update! Update! Update!
Updating AdRotate Professional is always a good idea. Updates are important for your websites security and to keep it performing at top speed.
Updates are also important to get the latest features. AdRotate Professional its features see improvements all the time. From little tweaks to complete overhauls. It is therefor a good idea to update the plugin at-least a few times per year.
And updating is now easier than ever. Over the last 2 weeks I’ve introduced a faster and snappier update server which serves updates more reliable and fast. So there is no reason to miss out on updates!
Your license expires
Over the last couple of months many of you got their final Email notification that their license has now really really expired. This concerns everyone who has a license starting with 101. The interface on the account dashboards has been removed. The licenses are End Of Life. And you will no longer get updates if you still use one of those old licenses.
Licenses starting with 102, sold between 2015 and early 2019 are starting to expire as well. A whole lot of you already have received their expiry notification. So keep an eye on your mailbox for a renewal offer.
When your license expires Premium support will be replaced with, regular forum support, you can ask all your questions on the Support Forum if you have any.
To continue to receive updates and premium support you need a valid license.
Changes for AdRotate Professional 5.6
- [new] Uploaded zip files are automatically extracted
- [new] Support for HTML5 folder structures
- [new] Support for Matomo Analytics Events tracking
- [change] Piwik support removed
- [change] Asset dropdown menu no longer looks for flash files
- [change] Dashboard indicator if your license expired or not
- [fix] Much improved API communications for updates
- [fix] Advert generator adding srcset attribute for single image adverts
- [fix] Correct display of license type in License tab
- [fix] Correct dates when creating new schedules
- [fix] Removed obsolete database options
- [api] Update requests are now cached for 12 hours
- [api] Faster and more reliable update checks