This update has many bugfixes and tweaks to make your overall user experience better. Many bugs have been tested by users already in their specific use case. Mostly to support older or less common PHP versions. Next to that, a big request over the last few months was to make widgets great again… So AdRotate Professional 5.7 has that. Great widgets.
Adblock proof widgets
Widgets have to follow a certain pattern in code. And the way WordPress works certain strings and names are used over and over all throughout the widget. These strings are then submitted by your visitors to be put on the blacklist of adblockers.
No more! Now after you’ve installed AdRotate Professional a new set of widgets is available to you. Using them will obfuscate the widgets from adblockers and blocking their default strings is mostly useless. This means that if your advert is not blocked by adblockers, it’ll show up just fine.
Please don’t abuse this, and place your adverts sensible and not in an obnoxious way.
Update AdRotate Professional regularly?
Updating AdRotate Professional always is a good idea. Staying up-to-date with most plugins is never a bad thing. Updates are important for your websites security. But often they also add new or improve current features.
So update at least a few times per year.
Changes for AdRotate Professional 5.7
- [new] Tooltips for useful tags when editing adverts
- [new] New widget format to better counter Ad blockers
- [fix] Duplicate filter not storing used advert ids correctly
- [fix] Duplicate filter not clear on which groups modes it work in
- [fix] Date format for advert stats exports not showing correctly
- [fix] Date format for group stats exports not showing correctly
- [fix] Date selection for exports not working for some users
- [fix] Date selection for group stats not working for some users
- [fix] Not able to unset _SESSION on dashboard in some cases
- [fix] Group CSS option missing for some new installations
- [fix] Group CSS not generated properly on some older PHP versions
- [change] Dashboard tweaks