This update includes new status notifications for configuration errors in groups. Portable Adverts. Refined update checks (yes, again!) and some more handy improvements.
Most notable Portable Adverts. What are Portable Adverts? This is a new feature in AdRotate and AdRotate Professional to easily export and import single adverts from one website to another. This means that if you create an advert on one website, you don’t have to re-create it on all your other websites by hand.
Simply create one advert, copy it’s Advert Hash, which is a encoded string, into the other AdRotate installation and it sets up most of the advert with only a few clicks.
All settings except the schedule and group are included in the Advert Hash. This will save you a lot of set up time if you have multiple sites that run the same adverts. Of-course the CSV export method is still available as well.
Why is this useful? Because it saves time. And why is it a long encoded string? Because those are easier to copy and move around than the actual array of settings.
Groups and Schedules now can show several configuration issues when editing the group or schedule.
If you’ve selected illogical settings or created some combination that simply won’t work – AdRotate Pro now tries to tell you about that. There is no periodic background check like there is for adverts, but if you notice a group or schedule doing something you don’t expect, chances are AdRotate Pro can tell you more about it.
Bonjour! Gutentag! Hola! Goeiedag!
A couple of versions ago I started including several translations with AdRotate Professional. This is great, but my language skills are not so great.
I common-sensed my way through most of the auto-translator, but for many sentences or words I don’t know if it’s actually the right stuff. So, if you spot a weird choice of words or just wrong translations. Feel free to update the translation and send in your fixed copy via email. Thanks!
Changes in AdRotate Banner Manager 5.8.3
- [new] Configuration notifications when editing groups
- [new] Configuration notifications when editing schedules
- [new] Set schedule to auto-delete when creating an advert
- [new] Added ipstack status notifications
- [new] Portable adverts
- [fix] Better handling for errors when the update check fails
- [change] Better ‘onboarding’ for new users
- [change] Tweaks to notification banner for upgrading users
- [change] Tweaks to AdRotate Geo notifications
- [change] Dashboard tweaks
- [i18n] Updated Dutch, French, German, Italian and Spanish
- [api] Provide basic update info for inactive licenses