Reply To: Using Dynamic groups causing ajax request overload?

Not one for queueing up? Get faster support with AdRotate Pro!
The forum is checked a few times per week. With AdRotate Pro you can get answers faster using email support.
More private, more direct and usually a solution within a day! Learn more »

Home Forums AdRotate for WordPress General Support Using Dynamic groups causing ajax request overload? Reply To: Using Dynamic groups causing ajax request overload?

Gil
Badges:

Arnan, don’t forget to mention the option you just added in regard to this issue. Downhomedigital, I had the exact same issue and Arnan just added an option to deal with this. You can now deselect the box that reads “Repeat Impressions: Count impressions for every cycle of adverts” and that will stop all the AJAX calls that can bring down your site. Keep in mind that only the first impression of each ad will be counted, but the ads will still rotate so visitors will still see them. If you are counting impressions it’s probably not fair to EVER count these anyway since if someone keeps their browser window open to your site all day long, that will generate thousands of impressions all to the same user, which if I were paying you per impression for my ad, I would not want to be charged for 😉