Ad groups – centering

Trouble updating AdRotate Professional to the latest version?

If your license is not expired and you are having trouble with updates for AdRotate Professional I want to hear from you!
Known issues; The update will not install or no update is visible in your dashboard.
Affected versions; Most versions of AdRotate Professional since December 2019.

Click here for the solution - AdRotate Pro update not working or not offered.

Home Forums AdRotate for WordPress Bug Reports Ad groups – centering

Zajda
    Badges:

Hi,

when I use the settings for a group – “Default – Show one ad at a time” and Align center group… it is OK, an Ad is center on my page.

BUT when I use the settings for a group – “Block mode – Show a block of adverts” and Align center group… so it is not centered, but left-aligned.

Look at my web – below are two large banners that are not centered.

What is wrong?

Thanks
    Jaromir

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

Which version of the plugin do you use?
    Where is the advert/group supposed to show? I don’t see any large ads on your site.

Zajda
    Badges:

AdRotate version 5.8.7

Look banners – screenshot

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

Ah yes, I see them.
    Seems like your theme is doing something weird with clearfixes and whatnot.

Usually the option from AdRotate then doesn’t work.
    But you can use HTML as well. If you edit the group you’ll see a wrapper option.
    If you put <center> in the before and </center> in the after field it should work.

Zajda
    Badges:

Hi,

I try to put <center> in the before and </center> in the after … and they are still not in the middle 🙁

But it is interesting that if I have the option “Show one ad at a time“, it is in the middle (even without tag <center>), BUT with the option “Block mode” it does not work and it is not in the middle.

Help me…

Now I have Block mode with <center> tag on my web http://www.chrudimka.cz

Regards

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

I don’t see an obvious reason why the center option is not working other than that the clearfix method in your theme does a weird arranging trick with your site.
    However, the theme itself uses the same centering idea elsewhere and that seems to somewhat work.

When looking at the site source, I also noticed that you seem to have the block set to 1 advert currently? If you’ve outputting one ad anyway, why not just set it to show 1 advert at a time. That works you said.

Zajda
    Badges:

Sorry, I have the block set up as follows: Block size: 2 rows, 1 columns.
    Look screenshoot

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

Aha, but your group width is far too wide for the ads – They look to be 800-850px at most, not 1100. If you set it to the widest advert it’ll center. You can probably remove the <center> and </center> tags too and rely on the center option.

Because of the uneven ads it’ll look a bit weird, but to fix that you have to use same size adverts.

Zajda
    Badges:

But this part of the advertising banners rotate in random order and one of them really even has 1120px width. So I have 1100 px set correctly.

Why do you have one banner well centered and you can’t center the block correctly? I don’t want banners of the same width, but different widths.

And in the settings, the value is for the maximum width and not the actual width of the banner.

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

1100px is smaller than 1120px, so technically that’s too narrow – But I get the idea.

Anyway, as for the others not centering. They are centered. You told AdRotate your ads are 1100px wide. And your theme centers that 1100px wide space just fine based on your settings.
    If you look closely with the browser inspector you see that your content width is ~1140px wide. And left and right of the ad space is a margin of about 20px.

This normally can be worked around with the <center> tag I suggested before, but for some reason your theme still sticks them to the left it seems.

Zajda
    Badges:

OK, I’ll try to contact the theme creator if they can advise me. Thanks for the help…
    If we solve it, I will contact you with a solution.

Zajda
    Badges:

I asked the authors of the theme ColorMag for advice and they advised me this and it works, so I’m writing it for you so that you also know the solution.

.g-col {
    float: none !important;
    }

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

Hello,
    Ok, but overriding the AdRotate CSS is more of a workaround, not a true solution. So keep that in mind 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

You may be interested in