Ad shows up twice through post injection

Not one for queueing up? Get faster support with AdRotate Pro!
The forum is checked a few times per week. With AdRotate Pro you can get answers faster using email support.
More private, more direct and usually a solution within a day! Learn more »

Home Forums AdRotate for WordPress Groups Ad shows up twice through post injection

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Arnan 3 weeks, 1 day ago.

Hi there,
    Thank you for a great plugin.

I have repeated title from historical closed forum topic. I would like to inject ads to posts that are asigned with specific categories. While location of the ad will remain the same for all groups, post category will determine Ad Group and therefore specific ads to be shown. This helps us with targeting specific audience with specific product ads.

However, the problem is that some of my posts belong to 2 categories and as a result, 2 ads are injected to the post one after another.

It there a way how to prevent this duplication? E.g. by defining priority of categories and injecting ads only for Group with category, that is the most prioritized?

Thank you,
    Lukas

Arnan
    Badges:

In that specific situation adverts may show up double yes.
    In a way that’s exactly what you tell AdRotate to do. But at the same time it’s not how it should be.

I haven’t found a reliable way around it yet 🙁 Still working on that.

Hi Arnan,
    Thank you for your reply. Reliable way would be to evaluate all post injections with similar inject destination and make only one win and execute e.g. based on priorities assigned to individual post category by user. I am sure that this would bring your plugin to another level and differentiated it from competitors.

Arnan
    Badges:

In the current way AdRotate works that’s not feasible.
    But, once I figure out a good way to either redo post injection or make that work that’s a priority update.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Ad shows up twice through post injection’ is closed to new replies.