AdRotate and Newspaper – how to insert an ad

Home Forums AdRotate for WordPress General Support AdRotate and Newspaper – how to insert an ad

Mediaonair
    Badges:

Hi

I have a problem with AdRotate and the NewspapperX template.
    So far I used ColorMag and the ads were displayed there before adding the widget.

NespapperX is geared towards Google Ads.
    However, I prefer advertising to my own advertisers.

How can I implement AdRotate ads there?
    I have fields for an alternative code. What should I enter for the ad to be displayed and counting impressions and clicks.

Please help.
    Thank you
    PaweĊ‚ Gawlik

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

Hi Pawel, You can probably take control of your advertising in two ways;

– If the adsense spots accept a shortcode you could put a Group shortcode in there and then manage those groups from AdRotate.
    – Edit the theme files and replace the output code for the Adsense spots with AdRotate PHP Snippets. This is of-course best done with a child-theme so your edits do not get lost with updates.

https://ajdg.solutions/support/adrotate-manuals/show-adverts-on-your-site/

Mediaonair
    Badges:

Hi.

Thank you for the information.
    In the meantime, I figured it out.
    A few of these switches in the instructions will be useful.

I have one more question.
    I don’t use AdRotate as a widget, but I type it in the Ad Box (eg [adrotate group = “2”]). Then filtering by category does not work.

Is there a switch to [adrotate group = “2”] so that ads from this group will be displayed with the entry from the “X” category and not the others?
    Thank you for your help.
    greetings

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

Not sure what you mean with ‘switches’ but if the shortcode works you have full functionality.

You can also use Post Injection to filter (or inject) by category. The AdRotate Group widget supports post injection via the widget option.
    https://ajdg.solutions/support/adrotate-manuals/post-injection/

If you want to use another widget or location you have to find another way of filtering the category. For example witha Widget visibility plugin (included in jetpack) or some PHP solution using the has_category and in_category functions.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

You may be interested in