AdRotate – Fatal error on activation

Trouble updating AdRotate Professional to the latest version?

If your license is not expired and you are having trouble with updates for AdRotate Professional I want to hear from you!
Known issues; The update will not install or no update is visible in your dashboard.
Affected versions; Most versions of AdRotate Professional since December 2019.

Click here for the solution - AdRotate Pro update not working or not offered.

Home Forums AdRotate for WordPress Bug Reports AdRotate – Fatal error on activation

dmartinv
    Badges:

Hi there!
    Today get a mail from my site optimoda.es telling that has technical issues. In the mail click a link that puts my site in “recovery mode” and the AdRote plugin is the cause. Deactive the plugin and the site respond OK, but when try to reactivate the plugin get this fatal error message:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function get_error_code() on array in /home/optimodahd/www/wp-content/plugins/adrotate-pro/library/update-api.php:123 Stack trace: #0 /home/optimodahd/www/wp-content/plugins/adrotate-pro/adrotate-setup.php(99): adrotate_update_check() #1 /home/optimodahd/www/wp-content/plugins/adrotate-pro/adrotate-setup.php(32): adrotate_activate_setup() #2 /home/optimodahd/www/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(287): adrotate_activate(”) #3 /home/optimodahd/www/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(311): WP_Hook->apply_filters(”, Array) #4 /home/optimodahd/www/wp-includes/plugin.php(478): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #5 /home/optimodahd/www/wp-admin/plugins.php(193): do_action(‘activate_adrota…’) #6 {main} thrown in /home/optimodahd/www/wp-content/plugins/adrotate-pro/library/update-api.php on line 123

WordPress 5.5.1
    Theme: Newspaper version: 8.8.2

Please help me, I’m not a tech savvy!
    Cheers!

dmartinv
    Badges:

My version of AdRoate PRO duo is 5.8.6

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

There is no get_error_code() on line 123 or adrotate-api.php in AdRotate Pro.
    If you’ve updated or installed the plugin recently, make sure all files are there and are of the right version.

This is easiest done by simply downloading a new copy from your account on this site and uploading all files in one go, overwriting the current ones.

dmartinv
    Badges:

Hi Arnan, thanks for the answer.

I have downloaded a version as you indicated, I have overwritten the files in the AdrotatePro folder via Filezilla and I have tried to activate the plugin with no luck. It keeps giving me fatal error.
    Then I have tried to delete the plugin from the WordPress panel and I have not been able either, it gives a critical error.
    I have successfully deleted it via Filezilla, I installed it via the WordPress panel and it gave me a fatal error again.

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function get_error_code() on array in /home/optimodahd/www/wp-content/plugins/adrotate-pro/library/update-api.php:123 Stack trace: #0 /home/optimodahd/www/wp-content/plugins/adrotate-pro/adrotate-setup.php(99): adrotate_update_check() #1 /home/optimodahd/www/wp-content/plugins/adrotate-pro/adrotate-setup.php(32): adrotate_activate_setup() #2 /home/optimodahd/www/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(287): adrotate_activate(”) #3 /home/optimodahd/www/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(311): WP_Hook->apply_filters(”, Array) #4 /home/optimodahd/www/wp-includes/plugin.php(478): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #5 /home/optimodahd/www/wp-admin/plugins.php(193): do_action(‘activate_adrota…’) #6 {main} thrown in /home/optimodahd/www/wp-content/plugins/adrotate-pro/library/update-api.php on line 123

So I had to download the free version 5.8.10 of the plugin so that my clients’ ads continue to appear on the web.
    But I would need to know if there is any solution since with the free version I have lost the programming, I do not have the compatibility with the mobile phone and I cannot measure the statistics as I would like.

Can you help me in any way?
    thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

You may be interested in