Adrotate Groups Widget before and after fields display “.” dots.

Home Forums AdRotate for WordPress General Support Adrotate Groups Widget before and after fields display “.” dots.

tuairisc
    Badges:

Hi Arnan,

When I add custom HTML to the Widget’s Wrapper before and Wrapper after input, the front-end displays dots.

I’ve found that this is caused by the presence of dots/periods in a string in the source code.

Adrotate Pro v5.8
    File: adrotate-widgets.php

Line 177:                 $instance['before'] = (empty($instance['before'])) ? '' : stripslashes(htmlspecialchars_decode($instance['before'], ENT_QUOTES)).'.';
    Line 178:                 $instance['after'] = (empty($instance['after'])) ? '' : '.'.stripslashes(htmlspecialchars_decode($instance['after'], ENT_QUOTES));

I edited the file to remove these dots, as below.

Line 177:                 $instance['before'] = (empty($instance['before'])) ? '' : stripslashes(htmlspecialchars_decode($instance['before'], ENT_QUOTES)).'';
    Line 178:                 $instance['after'] = (empty($instance['after'])) ? '' : ''.stripslashes(htmlspecialchars_decode($instance['after'], ENT_QUOTES));

I’ve removed the dot character but left in a blank/empty string. I didn’t want to take the chance of adversely affecting the codebase by removing the concatenated empty string, as I don’t know why there is a “.” character to begin with. Perhaps you have a good reason.

In any case, I thought I would drop this here as I would love if the next Adrotate Pro plugin update removed the “.” characters from the widget wrapper output for good.

Thank you for your time and for maintaining this plugin!

Best,
    Darren K.

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

I don’t know why they’re there either – But they’re not in the latest version, I just checked.
    So updating to the latest version (5.8.24) would solve the issue.

tuairisc
    Badges:

Thank you for speedy reply! I’ll check that out so.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

You may be interested in