AdRotatePro stopped working with WP upgrade to 5.2.1

Home Forums AdRotate for WordPress General Support AdRotatePro stopped working with WP upgrade to 5.2.1

When we try to create or edit an ad, we get the error “The site is experiencing technical difficulties. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.”
    No email is generated, and no other plugins seem to have any problems. We can create and save a new ad as long as we don’t fill in a schedule or choose a group, but of course we need to do those things to get the ad to run.
    Ads that were put up before the upgrade are still running fine. Has anyone else run into this? We did try disabling and uninstalling, then reinstalling and reenabling, to no effect.

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

That’s not an error AdRotate generates. Maybe it’s WordPress’ new site health thing.
    The error should be in the email you receive.

If there is no email, check your servers error_log file. Usually you can find that in your hosting dashboard somewhere.

Also make sure you have the latest version of AdRotate installed.
    Version 5.1.3 is the latest version.

mikebw
    Badges:

I am working with the original poster on the same site. AdRotate Pro is at 3.11.9, which the WordPress plugin manager seems to think is the latest.

The error log records a lot of entires like this (IP addresses redacted):

[26-Jun-2019 15:27:51 UTC] WordPress database error Table './motisr5_wpmotif/wrd_adrotate_tracker' is marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed for query SELECTtimerFROMwrd_adrotate_trackerWHEREipaddress= 'X.X.X.X' ANDstat= 'i' ANDbannerid= 352 ORDER BYtimer DESC LIMIT 1; made by require('wp-blog-header.php'), require_once('wp-includes/template-loader.php'), include('/themes/thesis_186/index.php'), thesis_html_framework, thesis_framework_full_width, thesis_wrap_content, thesis_content_area, thesis_columns, thesis_content_column, thesis_loop->__construct, my_single_loop->single, the_content, apply_filters('the_content'), WP_Hook->apply_filters, adrotate_inject_posts, adrotate_group, adrotate_count_impression

[26-Jun-2019 15:27:51 UTC] WordPress database error Table './motisr5_wpmotif/wrd_adrotate_tracker' is marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed for query SELECT timer FROM wrd_adrotate_tracker WHERE ipaddress = 'X.X.X.X' AND stat = 'i' AND bannerid = 327 ORDER BY timer DESC LIMIT 1; made by require('wp-blog-header.php'), require_once('wp-includes/template-loader.php'), include('/themes/thesis_186/index.php'), thesis_html_framework, thesis_framework_full_width, thesis_wrap_content, thesis_content_area, thesis_columns, thesis_content_column, thesis_loop->__construct, my_single_loop->single, adrotate_group, adrotate_count_impression

[26-Jun-2019 15:27:51 UTC] WordPress database error Table './motisr5_wpmotif/wrd_adrotate_tracker' is marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed for query SELECT timer FROM wrd_adrotate_tracker WHERE ipaddress = 'X.X.X.X' AND stat = 'i' AND bannerid = 350 ORDER BY timer DESC LIMIT 1; made by require('wp-blog-header.php'), require_once('wp-includes/template-loader.php'), include('/themes/thesis_186/index.php'), thesis_html_framework, thesis_framework_full_width, thesis_wrap_content, thesis_content_area, thesis_columns, thesis_sidebars, thesis_build_sidebars, thesis_get_sidebar, thesis_sidebar_1, thesis_default_widget, dynamic_sidebar, WP_Widget->display_callback, adrotate_widgets->widget, adrotate_group, adrotate_count_impression

I have no idea how to further diagnose or fix this.

mikebw
    Badges:

This looks very similar to our issue:

https://ajdg.solutions/forums/topic/database-errors/

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

Probably best to roll back the database, of the AdRotate part of it, and update to a more current version. 3.11 is 4+ years old. The current version is 5.2.

Upgrade instruction: https://ajdg.solutions/support/adrotate-manuals/upgrade-adrotate-pro-to-a-newer-version/

Or, if you prefer, have me do the update, I can do so for a small fee – https://ajdg.solutions/product/adrotate-update/.
    Usually this can be done within a day or two. Please check the product page for details.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘AdRotatePro stopped working with WP upgrade to 5.2.1’ is closed to new replies.

You may be interested in