Ads not rotating on mobile, only desktop

Not one for queueing up? Get faster support with AdRotate Pro!
The forum is checked a few times per week. With AdRotate Pro you can get answers faster using email support.
More private, more direct and usually a solution within a day! Learn more »

Home Forums AdRotate for WordPress General Support Ads not rotating on mobile, only desktop

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Arnan 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

kasmir
    Badges:

Hi and thanks for an awesome plugin.

We are using it on http://www.skagafrettir.is and it seems that the plugin has stopped rotating banners on mobile and only does so on desktop. The same ads are continually showed on mobile but rotate between 2-3 on desktop.

I’m running the latest version of AdRotate non pro on latest version WordPress. Everything is updated (themes, plugins, wordpress core).

Can you please help?

Let me know if you need more information.

Arnan
    Badges:

Dynamic mode on mobiles is disabled for performance reasons.
    Most lower end mobiles can’t deal with it for some reason 🙁

This has been like this for 2 or 3 years.

kasmir
    Badges:

Hi Arnan and thanks for the swift reply

I’m not talking about the dynamid mode where you see multiple banners per “load” of the website, I’m talking about when I have 2 or more banners in the same ad group they should randomly load on each refresh of the site and thats whats happening on desktop, but on mobile they don’t change – it’s the same banner over and over.

Arnan
    Badges:

Hmm ok, the same code is used for both desktop and mobile.
    So if it works on Desktop, then it should (will) work on mobile also unless you have some specific caching active.

In a rare case your visitors may be super “unlucky” that the same advert is chosen over and over. 3 adverts in the group means that each advert has a 33% chance to get picked for that page load. That’s a fairly high chance. So it’s also entirely possible that things are just working normally .

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Ads not rotating on mobile, only desktop’ is closed to new replies.