Adverts moving page on small screen mobile devices

Not one for queueing up? Get faster support with AdRotate Pro!
The forum is checked a few times per week. With AdRotate Pro you can get answers faster using email support.
More private, more direct and usually a solution within a day! Learn more »

Home Forums AdRotate for WordPress General Support Adverts moving page on small screen mobile devices

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Arnan 2 years ago.

MollyGreen
    Badges:

On our site, mollygreen.com, all our ads running on the top of the page are all the same size, and for computers and tablets, it looks fine. But on phones, when the ads are rotating, it makes the whole page move down then up, which each ad. So when someone is trying to read something on our page, it gets hard because the page is constantly moving. But it doesn’t do that on any other devices. What would be the cause of this, and how would I fix it?

Thanks for your help.

Arnan
    Badges:

That’s because your theme resizes the images causing them to not match up with your size setting in your group.

You can disable dynamic rotation for mobile users in AdRotate Settings to prevent that.

MollyGreen
    Badges:

Ok, so then we are back to static ads on the mobile devices, correct?

Arnan
    Badges:

Using that setting, yes.

MollyGreen
    Badges:

Is it like this with all themes and dynamic ads? Is there any coding I can add to make it not resize like that? I really want to keep my ads dynamic, and hate that the only option I have is turning that off on the mobile.

Arnan
    Badges:

That’s usually down to the theme. Not all themes do it, a bunch do.
    It’s a bit trial and error. If the theme applies CSS to do so to specific tags or classes you can probably exempt your adverts – Check with your theme maker for details on that.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Adverts moving page on small screen mobile devices’ is closed to new replies.