All Schedules Wiped Out

Home Forums AdRotate for WordPress Bug Reports All Schedules Wiped Out

This topic contains 28 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Arnan 1 year, 6 months ago.

Arnan
    Badges:

@carotogr then read the entire thread and provide more info… Can’t help you if you don’t tell me anything…

Also, to reiterate, there is no code in the plugin that mass deletes schedules.

If you can’t save new dates, pay special attention to the servers error_log for stuff that mentions AdRotate – Anything is interesting.

Arnan
    Badges:

@marcel – Can you check the index key for the id column when you create a new schedule.
    Either in the plugin of PhpMyAdmin I Guess.

What ID does the schedule get?

Does it count from there you left it, or does it start at 1 again.

Marcel
    Badges:

Hi @arnan,

I re-created all 9 schedules and the ID started from 31 to 39 (both plugin and PhpMyAdmin), that’s rather strange because the table was empty and before I never had that many schedules if it started once with 1?

Kind regards,

Marcel.

Arnan
    Badges:

No, that’s normal in a database. But if it reset to 1 it would suggest the table got deleted too… But that’s not the case then.

Arnan
    Badges:

@marcel, can you try this on a test site (if you have one) –
    1. Create one or two schedules as normal with whatever settings.
    2. Then create a 3rd schedule, with a end date one or more days in the past and set it to auto-delete on expiry.
    3. Wait out the maintenance routine (or run wp-cron manually).

Are all 3 schedules deleted?
    All schedules created before the auto delete one ‘should’ be deleted in this scenario.

Adverts or settings for them are not relevant in this test.
    It’s purely about schedules and the auto-delete setting. Also the one set to auto delete should be created (among the) last.

Marcel
    Badges:

Hi @arnan,

I don’t have a test environment, sorry for that.

In your scenario, is it true that all 3 schedules ‘should’ be deleted? Now you described this scenario, it might be that one of our latest and only for one week ad was indeed scheduled for auto-delete. I usually don’t do that so I can re-use them.

For now I don’t ‘dare’ to test your scenario while I was just finished re-creating the 9 lost schedules 🙁

Groeten,

Marcel.

Arnan
    Badges:

Obviously they shouldn’t be deleted but that’s what’s happening on my test server and it’s the only scenario I can come up with how this happens.
    It’s very specific :-\

If you don’t use auto-delete your schedules should be safe.

Arnan
    Badges:

Moved to bug reports.
    The next version will fix this.

Arnan
    Badges:

This was fixed in version 4.9

Viewing 9 posts - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘All Schedules Wiped Out’ is closed to new replies.