Article with multiple categories show multiple ad groups

Trouble updating AdRotate Professional to the latest version?

If your license is not expired and you are having trouble with updates for AdRotate Professional I want to hear from you!
Known issues; The update will not install or no update is visible in your dashboard.
Affected versions; Most versions of AdRotate Professional since December 2019.

Click here for the solution - AdRotate Pro update not working or not offered.

Home Forums AdRotate for WordPress General Support Article with multiple categories show multiple ad groups

Hi there,
    I’ve purchased Pro license for my site. However, I can’t find settings where I can configure Adrotate to show only groups from article’s primary category.
    I have several ad groups with post injection and those groups are connected to the WP categories.

the problem appears when I have one article with two categories which both have ad groups so I end up with multiple ads in the article, sometimes even duplicate ads. ž

How to avoid this?

Thanks.

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

AdRotate tries to use the primary category. But it doesn’t always work.
    It’s a bit of a weak spot in the Post Injection feature…

The WordPress filter is a bit ambiguous for that 🙁

If I find a fix for that it’ll be a priority update.

Oh, I thought that is already implemented, during pre-purchase research it stuck in my head that Pro version had such option.

Is it possible to utilize Yoast’s function WPSEO_Primary_Term until the wordpress makes it easier to implement?

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

Afaik WordPress doesn’t know about a “primary” category, it just lists them alphabetically, so even if AdRotate would pick the first one, that’s not necessarily your primary category.
    Some themes do this differently, but that’s not a WP feature unfortunately.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Article with multiple categories show multiple ad groups’ is closed to new replies.

You may be interested in