Cannot add any AD

Not one for queueing up? Get faster support with AdRotate Pro!
The forum is checked a few times per week. With AdRotate Pro you can get answers faster using email support.
More private, more direct and usually a solution within a day! Learn more »

Home Forums AdRotate for WordPress General Support Cannot add any AD

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  zaikhan@btinternet.com 1 year, 6 months ago.

thanassos
    Badges:

Hi since the last update (free 3.18) i cannot add any new ad (I can edit existing ones)
    There is an error message in front of review > Error, no Ad ID set! Check your syntax!
    Besides it seems that the new AD can’t have a new ID : [adrotate banner=””] <?php echo adrotate_ad(); ?>
    – I’ve clicked the finnish button
    – I’ve clicked all maintenance buttons
    (I’m noob and don’t know where the logs are)

Than

Arnan
    Badges:

Sounds like a database error of some kind.
    Check your servers error_log file – Usually thats in your hosting dashboard somewhere.

Anything mentioning AdRotate is interesting.

I am having exactly the same problem with Adrotate that I have been using for several years – but now getting “Error, no Ad ID set! Check your syntax!” when I try to add new ad

thanassos
    Badges:

So after some investigations I have an answer:
    Ichecked my database with a clean one and some tables weren’t updated between versions.
    I my case they were in order :
    In the Ad rotate table
    9 Paid
    14 OS-IOS
    15 OS-Android
    16 OS-Other

In the Ad rotate schedule
    rename hoursimpressions instead of daysimpressions

Maybe you should add an update database button for case like this or at least a check for tables.

This is also happening with two other of my wordpress sites!!

regards

Arnan
    Badges:

Then click the big “finish update” button when prompted to.
    If it doesn’t show disable your adblocker – https://ajdg.solutions/manuals/adrotate-manuals/configure-adblockers-for-your-own-website/

thanassos
    Badges:

If you are on a hosted site check if you still have all privileges on your databases.
    Due to a migrations ours were changed to a simple role wich prevented any table to be created or modified.

thanassos
    Badges:

Your big green button doesn’t appear if already clicked so if there is an error during the update there is no way to correct it after finishing the install.

Arnan
    Badges:

If the update fails to run you can retry from AdRotate Settings > Maintenance.

thanassos
    Badges:

Doesn’t work.

Arnan
    Badges:

Please check your servers error_log file for errors. Anything mentioning AdRotate is interesting.

thanassos
    Badges:

Meh. I’m leaving this thread good luck to all the other people with this error.

Thank you, pressing the big green ‘finish update’ button sorted the problem for me
    Now Adrotate is again working fine for me

regards

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Cannot add any AD’ is closed to new replies.