Can't add new ads

Home Forums AdRotate for WordPress Adverts and Banners Can't add new ads

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Arnan 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

Alan
    Badges:

Hello, I use Ad Rotate Pro and Free versions on various websites with very similar installs. One of the websites is giving me a little problem where I can’t add a new advertisement. It will say that it is saved, but not show up in the list or the rotation.

I’m using:
    Ad Rotate version 5.2
    PHP version (tried both 5.6 and 7.2)

this same configuration works on another site (same plugins, theme, etc.) Also, same configuration works with latest edition of Ad Rotate Pro on similar site.

The only odd thing that i see is when I go to Add New advertisement, I see this error on the page:
    Error, no Ad ID set! Check your syntax!

Thanks!

Arnan
    Badges:

Sounds like a database problem – If you’ve recently updated make sure your database is up-to-date.
    You can see the version numbers in Settings > Maintenance, near the bottom.
    If something is wrong you’ll see that in red text.

If the database is not up-to-date, click “run updater” from there.

When all that seems in order, check your servers error_log file, usually found in your hosting dashboard somewhere. It’ll spell out what’s wrong with your site. Anything mentioning AdRotate is interesting.

Alan
    Badges:

So, if I delete the plugin and reinstall it on my staging site, I can then add new ads. The drawback it deletes all the data.

Arnan
    Badges:

If you want to keep your ads, refer to my previous reply.

Alan
    Badges:

On the live site, the settings all appear green and looks to be latest version 393 and latest database version 64.

Alan
    Badges:

Haven’t found how to get server error log yet (on Managed hosting), but here is what debug mode shows on adrotate add new page

WordPress database error: [Unknown column ‘paid’ in ‘field list’]
    INSERT INTO wp_9r1dw42xsv_adrotate (title, bannercode, thetime, updated, author, imagetype, image, paid, tracker, show_everyone, desktop, mobile, tablet, os_ios, os_android, os_other, responsive, type, weight, autodelete, budget, crate, irate, cities, countries) VALUES (”, ”, ‘1561468775’, ‘1561468775’, ‘editor’, ‘dropdown’, ”, ‘U’, ‘N’, ‘Y’, ‘Y’, ‘Y’, ‘Y’, ‘Y’, ‘Y’, ‘Y’, ‘N’, ’empty’, ‘6’, ‘N’, ‘0’, ‘0’, ‘0’, ‘a:0:{}’, ‘a:0:{}’)

Notice: Trying to get property ‘id’ of non-object in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas11_data01/35/2153635/html/wp-content/plugins/adrotate/dashboard/publisher/adverts-edit.php on line 27
    WordPress database error: [You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘AND group = 0 AND user = 0 AND schedule = `wp_9r1dw42xsv_adrotate_schedule’ at line 1]
    SELECT wp_9r1dw42xsv_adrotate_schedule.id, starttime, stoptime, maxclicks, maximpressions FROM wp_9r1dw42xsv_adrotate_schedule, wp_9r1dw42xsv_adrotate_linkmeta WHERE ad = AND group = 0 AND user = 0 AND schedule = wp_9r1dw42xsv_adrotate_schedule.id ORDER BY wp_9r1dw42xsv_adrotate_schedule.id ASC LIMIT 1;

Notice: Trying to get property ‘id’ of non-object in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas11_data01/35/2153635/html/wp-content/plugins/adrotate/dashboard/publisher/adverts-edit.php on line 28
    WordPress database error: [You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘AND user = 0 AND schedule = 0′ at line 1]
    SELECT group FROM wp_9r1dw42xsv_adrotate_linkmeta WHERE ad = AND user = 0 AND schedule = 0;

Notice: Trying to get property ‘starttime’ of non-object in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas11_data01/35/2153635/html/wp-content/plugins/adrotate/dashboard/publisher/adverts-edit.php on line 37

Notice: Trying to get property ‘stoptime’ of non-object in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas11_data01/35/2153635/html/wp-content/plugins/adrotate/dashboard/publisher/adverts-edit.php on line 38

Notice: Trying to get property ‘imagetype’ of non-object in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas11_data01/35/2153635/html/wp-content/plugins/adrotate/dashboard/publisher/adverts-edit.php on line 89

Notice: Trying to get property ‘imagetype’ of non-object in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas11_data01/35/2153635/html/wp-content/plugins/adrotate/dashboard/publisher/adverts-edit.php on line 92

Notice: Trying to get property ‘type’ of non-object in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas11_data01/35/2153635/html/wp-content/plugins/adrotate/dashboard/publisher/adverts-edit.php on line 108
    Edit Advert

Notice: Trying to get property ‘type’ of non-object in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas11_data01/35/2153635/html/wp-content/plugins/adrotate/dashboard/publisher/adverts-edit.php on line 146

<b>Notice</b>: Trying to get property ‘bannercode’ of non-object in <b>/home/content/p3pnexwpnas11_data01/35/2153635/html/wp-content/plugins/adrotate/dashboard/publisher/adverts-edit.php</b> on line <b>128</b><br />

Notice: Trying to get property ‘id’ of non-object in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas11_data01/35/2153635/html/wp-content/plugins/adrotate/dashboard/publisher/adverts-edit.php on line 150

Any help?

Arnan
    Badges:

THat’s fine, exactly these errors will be in your error_log file.

If those fields are missing you’ve updated from a very very old version – Those fields have been around for years.

Anyway, if they’re missing now, that’s the issue right there. If the “Run updater” button in Settings > Maintenance doesn’t fix that then the update has to be completed manually.
    If you’re experienced with such things you can go over the install/activation script in adrotate-setup.php and add them yourself via PhpMyAdmin.
    Or I can do it for you for a fee – https://ajdg.solutions/product/adrotate-update/

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

You may be interested in