category and archive template error

Home Forums AdRotate for WordPress Bug Reports category and archive template error

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Arnan 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

MechaJauregui
    Badges:

Hi all. I’m trying to show a group in the category,search and archive templates.
    The group is located in the top of templates, just after the header function call.

The posts loop in this templates is not working when i call the <?php echo adrotate_group(3); ?>

Code sample:

get_header(); 
    ?>
    <section id="lt" class="container">
      <!-- BANNER SECCION -->

<?php
      if ( have_posts() ) : 
      /* Start the Loop */
    	 while ( have_posts() ) : the_post();

MechaJauregui
    Badges:

Wordpress version 4.7.3

Arnan
    Badges:

If you put the code correctly under your <!-- BANNER SECCION --> comment that should work fine.

If your theme can’t deal with that, then your theme has issues.
    AdRotate (Pro) doesn’t use or touch the loop in any way, so whatever you do with that, it should not break or change how the loop works.

Check your error_log file to see if there is anything in there – Maybe that sheds some light on what’s going wrong. You can usually find that file in your hosting dashboard somewhere.

MechaJauregui
    Badges:

Hi Arnan, thanks for your reply.

In the error_log file I have no warning or error.

On the other hand I updated the versions of wordpress to the latest available, both in the development environment (where I have no problems) and in the production environment (where the loop breaks).

Can you think that there may be a server configuration that we have to take into consideration?

Arnan
    Badges:

If it’s a server error or some kind of server config thing it will (should) be logged in the error_log.

The loop doesn’t just break/stop working, there must be an error somewhere. Or if there isn’t and all code works, just not how you want, there will be an obvious misplacement of your snippet in the header.php – Or where you added it.

Without further information there isn’t much I can tell you unfortunately 🙁

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘category and archive template error’ is closed to new replies.

You may be interested in