Conflict with TagDiv Newspaper

Trouble updating AdRotate Professional to the latest version?

If your license is not expired and you are having trouble with updates for AdRotate Professional I want to hear from you!
Known issues; The update will not install or no update is visible in your dashboard.
Affected versions; Most versions of AdRotate Professional since December 2019.

Click here for the solution - AdRotate Pro update not working or not offered.

Home Forums AdRotate for WordPress Installation and Setup Conflict with TagDiv Newspaper

brianjcameron
    Badges:

I have discovered a conflict with the Newspaper Theme from TagDiv tagdiv.com

After updating to Theme version 10.3.5 and using AdRotate version 399, Database 66. The AdRotate plugin prevents the MegaMenu’s from the theme from operating on Desktop version of the site.

I went through steps of deactivating child theme, clearing cache, deactivating all plugins. I was able to narrow it down to the point that the mega menu ceases to appear when your plugin is reactivated.

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

Internal versions don’t say much about the actual version.
    Which version of AdRotate do you use? 5.8? 5.7?

As for the menu not working, do you see any errors? What happens to the menu?
    Both plugins presumably use Javascript, if you look in the browser inspector, there may be JS errors there that may give you some insight in what’s going wrong.

brianjcameron
    Badges:

Apologies i am not much of a tech person. The version is 5.8.4.

When i roll the mouse over the menu, i would expect the text to turn from black to white, and the menu menu to appear below. When i roll the mouse over nothing happens. No text colour change, no menu appears.

I used Chrome, Inspector and it shows these:

Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined
    at jquery.adrotate.dyngroup.js:81
    jquery.adrotate.clicktracker.js:14 Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined
    at jquery.adrotate.clicktracker.js:14

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

Aha, so a Javascript issue.

Some themes or plugins load it in a ‘dumb’ way, not following the WordPress standard, which may screw up the order of scripts. If the AdRotate JS is loaded before jQuery is loaded, it won’t work.

To remedy that you can try loading the JS for AdRotate in the footer, there is a checkbox for that in Settings > General.

If the jQuery is not defined does not go away with that, make sure jQuery is in fact not loaded on your site. You can then load it through Settings > General as well.
    You can see if jQuery gets loaded by looking at your sites source and simply searching for a jquery.min.js or jquery.js file.

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

Moved to Installation and Setup.
    Not a bug.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

You may be interested in