dashboard.css influences general jquery-ui styling

Trouble updating AdRotate Professional to the latest version?

If your license is not expired and you are having trouble with updates for AdRotate Professional I want to hear from you!
Known issues; The update will not install or no update is visible in your dashboard.
Affected versions; Most versions of AdRotate Professional since December 2019.

Click here for the solution - AdRotate Pro update not working or not offered.

Home Forums AdRotate for WordPress General Support dashboard.css influences general jquery-ui styling

Lennart Bader
    Badges:

Hi Arnan,

I noticed that your dashboard.css file changes/overrule styling of generic jQueryUI datepicker elements used by other (custom) plugins. For instance, you’ve defined a fixed width/height for cell elements, which make other datepicker instances look messy.

Could you please use a specific Adrotate wrapper and include that as a preface/prefix in your CSS affecting standard UI elements? It’s not up to you to decide how the datepickers should look in other plugins. 😉

Thanks!

Lennart

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

There is no standard theme/look for the datepicker in WordPress.
    I’m merely applying some shape and color to it.

Which plugin is being overwritten/changed?

Lennart Bader
    Badges:

Any plugin (like mine) that uses the standard jQueryUI datepicker. Because your CSS is loaded on all admin pages, it affects other plugins using it. It would be similar to setting the color of the admin bar in your plugin. 😉

A common solution is to use a css wrapper around your code, and use that in your CSS. Hence my request/suggestion. 🙂

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

What’s your plugin? So I can test if my solution works…
    I googled you and looked in the WordPress site but can’t find any plugin with your name on it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

You may be interested in