Different banner for each category with AdRotate

Home Forums AdRotate for WordPress General Support Different banner for each category with AdRotate

This topic contains 20 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Arnan 2 months ago.

marcorroma
    Badges:

Hi everyone.
    I would like to know if it is possible to have a different banner for each category (category page and related posts), in some way.
    It would really help me.
    Thanks a lot.
    Marco

Arnan
    Badges:

Yep, that’s possible.
    You can use Post Injection for some cases.

If you just want to use widgets, you can use a widget logic plugin to show and hide widgets in certain locations.

Or you can make your own function in PHP (more advanced) and use WordPress conditional tags.

marcorroma
    Badges:

Thanks for the reply.
    I can use the “post injection” to display the banner inside the article, ok.
    It’s possible to insert a different banner in the sidebar for each category?
    I tried “post injection” on widgets for only one category, and inserting the AdRotate widget does not appear exclusively in that category.

I send you some screenshots of my work:
    “Post injection” only on “Fashion & Style” (no in Environment category)

Widget entered correctly. Banner displayed in the lower right corner.

Banner also displayed in the “Environment” section

Is it possible to view it only in the “Fashion & Style” category?

Thank you.
    Good job.
    Marco

Arnan
    Badges:

THe widget should pick up on the post injection part, the settings look fine.
    If you save the widget, does it say “Post Injection” near the top?

marcorroma
    Badges:

If you save “Widget” in “Post Injection” I will not see anything in the post.
    If I save even “after the 1st paragraph” I will display the banner inside the post.
    I would like to display a different banner for each category of articles (and sub-category) in the sidebar, and not within the article. It can be done?

Arnan
    Badges:

I’m currently troubleshooting several issues in Post Injection also for widgets.
    The next version will likely fix your issue. Some got resolved in todays update. But some other issues came up right after release. So we’re spending today on some other related quirks.

marcorroma
    Badges:

Thank’s for your job.
    It is very important for me and my clients to have a management of each category and each post related to the category!

Arnan
    Badges:

I’ve just released another update to fix Post Injection, the widget should now work with Post Injection. It does on my test site anyway 🙂

marcorroma
    Badges:

Unfortunately it does not work.
    I have AdRotate widgets in the sidebar with group ID 3.
    The ID 3 group has Post Injection “Widget” only on one category but the banner is also displayed on all the other categories.

Can you explain to me your method to display a different banner in the sidebar for each category?
    Thanks a lot.
    Marco

Arnan
    Badges:

In the group you select which categories you want the group to show up along with ‘widget’ if you want to use the widget.
    Then in the ‘AdRotate Group’ widget you select that group.
    See here for more information – https://ajdg.solutions/support/adrotate-manuals/post-injection/

marcorroma
    Badges:

Hello!
    The group edit page does not say that “Post Injection” with “Widget” is for Pro users only, but in the guide you sent me there is written that the “Post Injection” function with “Widget” is only for Pro users.
    Which is correct?
    I currently have the Free version because I’m not sure I can not insert a different banner for each category (EXCLUDING the other categories, very important).
    Can you confirm that I can do it with the Pro version?
    Marco

Arnan
    Badges:

Post Injection in widgets is for AdRotate Pro yes.
    That should be more clear in AdRotate Free. I’m not sure why it’s not greyed out or marked as such…

marcorroma
    Badges:

Problem solved with the PRO version.
    Tip: within the free plugin you should specify that post injector “widget” is only for the pro version.
    Hello and thanks.
    Marco

Arnan
    Badges:

Yep, it should be more clear – I’ll change that in the next version.
    Thanks for your purchase and patience 🙂

marcorroma
    Badges:

Hello,
    I managed to create a banner for each category.
    I have a problem, I created many AdRotate groups (3 for each category with 3 different formats), I inserted 100 AdRotate widgets in the sidebar with different AdRotate groups.
    Now I have this problem…

Why do I view the sidebar like this?
    It is as if the other banners were not displayed but remains their “shape”.
    I await your reply…
    Have a nice day.
    Marco

Ps. This is a page link:
    http://vmi236022.contaboserver.net/wordpress/a-conselice-lanima-poetica-di-alda-merini/
    I do not know why, but it is not always displayed.

Arnan
    Badges:

Looks like the widgets have a height set, I think as part of the group settings.
    Removing the sizing in the advert should fix that.

Alternatively you may want to look at a Widget logic plugin to hide plugins for certain categories.
    Some themes still output empty widgets, having them take up some space. But that depends on the theme of-course.

marcorroma
    Badges:

For example “0px” for AdRotate groups or “auto”?
    Thanks

Ps. Do you have the name of some plugin that does what you told me?

Arnan
    Badges:

Yea, Auto may work. Setting 0px ofcourse also hides the advert if there is one 😉

If you use Jetpack, take a look at the Widget Visibility module.

marcorroma
    Badges:

Unfortunately ‘auto’ does not work.
    I have the exact same problem… (I cleared the cache)
    How can I do?
    This is the link of the article, if you try to update 5/6 times the banners change position, disappear, and create a long empty sidebar.

http://vmi236022.contaboserver.net/wordpress/scippatore-seriale-inseguito-dai-passanti-in-centro-a-rimini/

Is it possible that the problem is too many “adrotate group” widgets? What can I try?

marcorroma
    Badges:

Hi, I do not know how but I think I have solved the problem. Perhaps with the “auto” function, I do not know. But now it’s really ok!
    Thank you so much and congratulations for your plugin.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Different banner for each category with AdRotate’ is closed to new replies.

You may be interested in