Duplicate banners in page sidebar

Home Forums AdRotate for WordPress Groups Duplicate banners in page sidebar

aberbenni
    Badges:

Hi Arnan,

I have a duplicates banner problem in my page.

I have five different Groups, of size 300×100 from “Home Sidebar 1 300×100” to “Footer 300×100” and many others in different formats.

I have seven active 300×100 Adverts published in all five 300×100 Groups. With “Duplicate adverts” setting checked. I would like those seven to rotate in all five different positions, without duplicates.

Here is an example Advert configuration:

My Banner_R - Stats	
    Devices: [Desktop] [Mobile] [Tablet] , Weight: 6, Auto Delete:
    Groups: Footer 300x100, Home Sidebar 1 300x100, Home Sidebar 2 300x100, Home Sidebar 3 300x100, Home Sidebar 6 300x100

All Groups are configured with “Default – Show one at a time” mode.

I expect to prevent adverts in groups from showing multiple times on the same page load. But I see the same Advert many times in my sidebar. Sometimes even one near the other or three times in page.

I’m using AdRotate Professional 5.6.1, W3TC and I’m navigating website as logged-in user.

Thanks for support

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

Start with updating to a newer version. The latest version is 5.6.2.
    It’s likely that your problem goes away with the newer version.

Upgrade instruction: https://ajdg.solutions/support/adrotate-manuals/upgrade-adrotate-pro-to-a-newer-version/

Or, if you prefer, have me do the update, I can do so for a small fee – https://ajdg.solutions/product/adrotate-update/.
    Usually this can be done within a day or two. Please check the product page for details.

aberbenni
    Badges:

Upgrade done. But the problem is still there.

aberbenni
    Badges:

Please let me know if you need more info in troubleshooting this issue.

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

Are the adverts you see double in groups? If not, place them in groups.
    Are the adverts actually the same? Do they have the same ID in AdRotate?

So far, as far as I can tell and based on user feedback, the duplicate filter works great.

Make sure your server allows sessions to be created in $_SESSION. If you’re not sure what that is or how to see that. your hosting company can tell you more about that.

aberbenni
    Badges:

I double checked page config, all adverts are in groups. We only use groups to display them, no single advert on page.

Every advert we use have a different image, so I can distinguish them. I have no evidence of advert ID in source code. data-track="NjYsMjEsMSw2MA==" is the same for duplicated ads, does it mean something for you?

$_SESSION is working as far as I know. Navigating two pages and dumping the var I got:

["adrotate-post-50038"]=> array(2) { ["timeout"]=> float(1574848353) ["adverts"]=> array(1) { [0]=> int(90) } } 
     ["adrotate-post-77039"]=> array(2) { ["timeout"]=> float(1574848360) ["adverts"]=> array(1) { [0]=> int(66) } }

Is there any debug level we can activate in AdRotate useful to troubleshooting this issue?

aberbenni
    Badges:

It seems that everything is set-up as it should be but the issue is still there. Next step?

aberbenni
    Badges:

Is there any news about this issue?

aberbenni
    Badges:

Is this thread abandoned?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

You may be interested in