Editor is Now Blank

Home Forums AdRotate for WordPress Installation and Setup Editor is Now Blank

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Arnan 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

ProjectTopic212
    Badges:

I have been using AdRotate for many years and love it – thanks for a great plugin that has worked well until today. I went to change a banner this morning and I discovered a major issue. When I clicked on the banner editor page within AdRotate, the editor box is missing below “Manage | Add New | Report” and “Edit Ad.” What is happening and how can I fix?

All banners are showing on the website and rotating as they should. The editor was working yesterday, so I am not sure what could have caused it.

Additional details: I am using version Version 3.6.10, which has been working fine for a while. When I went to update it this morning, it crashed my site and had to be restored by GoDaddy (everything on the front end was missing below the header and the banners all showed up as expired with a January 1970 date). They managed to restore the website from a backup yesterday, and I am seeing the same issue with the editor.

Arnan
    Badges:

Version 3.6 is like a hundred years old. The editor used in that hasn’t been supported for years by WordPress.

Update to a newer version.

ProjectTopic212
    Badges:

When I updated the AdRotate plugin this morning, my site disappeared below the header. In addition, the ads within the plugin showed up as expired with a 1970 date. Even after I deactivated the AdRotate plugin to troubleshoot, the front end of the website was missing below the header. My hosting company had to use the backup files to recover the website.

Arnan
    Badges:

A lot has changed in the plugin over the years. Had you kept up with updates all of what you mention could have been prevented 😉

Anyway; the best upgrade path is; 3.11 -> 4.0 -> 4.12.2 (current)
    You can grab older versions from here: https://wordpress.org/plugins/adrotate/advanced/
    Test the site between each update.

If things still break after that DO NOT roll back the site. But rather check the servers error_log file, this should be available somewhere in your hosting dashboard.
    That’ll tell you what’s going wrong and gives you good hints to fix things.
    Anything mentioning AdRotate is interesting.

ProjectTopic212
    Badges:

Thanks for the feedback. Apparently the newer versions of AdRotate somehow conflict with my customized theme.

Looking for someone to recreate a new theme if you know a trustworthy freelancer.

Arnan
    Badges:

Or fix the current theme after checking the error_log and fixing errors in there 😉
    But if your theme is breaking the site on newer software it’s not very well built.

Arnan
    Badges:

Moved to Installation and Setup.
    Not a bug.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Editor is Now Blank’ is closed to new replies.

You may be interested in