ERROR in DB – can’t create new advert

Trouble updating AdRotate Professional to the latest version?

If your license is not expired and you are having trouble with updates for AdRotate Professional I want to hear from you!
Known issues; The update will not install or no update is visible in your dashboard.
Affected versions; Most versions of AdRotate Professional since December 2019.

Click here for the solution - AdRotate Pro update not working or not offered.

Home Forums AdRotate for WordPress Installation and Setup ERROR in DB – can’t create new advert

Josh Eberly
    Badges:

Cannot add a new advert ? New version updated. Thanks ??!!

[Tue Jun 02 17:42:10.832189 2020] [php7:notice] [pid 30006] [client ] WordPress database error Unknown column ‘os_ios’ in ‘field list’ for query INSERT INTO wp_adrotate (title, bannercode, thetime, updated, author, imagetype, image, tracker, show_everyone, desktop, mobile, tablet, os_ios, os_android, os_other, type, weight, autodelete, budget, crate, irate, state_req, cities, states, countries) VALUES (”, ”, ‘1591098130’, ‘1591098130’, ‘admin’, ‘dropdown’, ”, ‘N’, ‘Y’, ‘Y’, ‘Y’, ‘Y’, ‘Y’, ‘Y’, ‘Y’, ’empty’, ‘6’, ‘N’, ‘0’, ‘0’, ‘0’, ‘N’, ‘a:0:{}’, ‘a:0:{}’, ‘a:0:{}’) /*

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

What version of AdRotate do you have? And which version did you upgrade from?
    Did you click the “finish update” button in the dashboard?

Josh Eberly
    Badges:

Yes, I clicked the finish update..

Strange, right ?

I click Manage, Add New..

There was an error loading the page. Please try again by reloading the page via the menu on the left.
    If the issue persists please seek help at ajdg.solutions/forums/forum/adrotate-for-wordpress/

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

the os_ios field is not a new thing, it has been around for several years. So if you’ve updated from a really really old version (pre-2016 I think) the updater may simply not support the older version anymore.

If that’s not it, the field went missing from a good installation, which logically means something (or someone) deleted bits of your database.

From Settings > Maintenance you can run the updater again. Click the button to do so.
    If that doesn’t help check the servers error_log file for all unique errors mentioning missing fields for AdRotate so I can measure the extent of the issue.

I’ve just tested it on my test site, it works there. So it’s not really a but in AdRotate I think.

Josh Eberly
    Badges:

How can I just start from scratch ?

I deleted plugins and then reinstalled and everything came back ??
    Isn’t there a vanilla option ?

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

Deleting the plugin from the dashboard will remove all AdRotate data. Including adverts and stats.
    After that you can install a new copy and start over.

Josh Eberly
    Badges:

Got it. Thanks.

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

Moved to installation and setup.
    Not a bug.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

You may be interested in