Error with two banners of the same group

Home Forums AdRotate for WordPress Adverts and Banners Error with two banners of the same group

This topic contains 22 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Arnan 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

marcorroma
    Badges:

Hi, how is it possible that two different banners, with the same group (dynamic mode, 1 row, 1 column, size: auto-auto) are sometimes displayed in this way?
    Thank’s for your job.
    Marco

Arnan
    Badges:

Not sure what I’m looking at, but try to not use ‘auto’ for the size.

marcorroma
    Badges:

Problems with the cache?
    I can’t remove “auto” because I need it.

marcorroma
    Badges:

Which .js file should I exclude from the cache to avoid banner duplicates?

Arnan
    Badges:

Using ‘auto’ for size in combination with Dynamic mode doesn’t work most of the time.
    So if your group shows 2 ads (I think that’s what your screenshot shows?) that’s probably why.

marcorroma
    Badges:

I inserted more than 100 widgets in the sidebar, each adgroup has “auto” otherwise the sidebar became very high even without a banner.
    I believe the problem is the cache, and the minify.
    What are the .js files that AdRotate uses to display banners on pages?

Arnan
    Badges:

AdRotate loads its adverts on pageload. Not via JS.

I’m still not sure what the problem is, your screenshot looks fine.
    But you didn’t specify how it should look, so I’m probably missing something.

marcorroma
    Badges:

Hi, I entered 100 adrotate group in the sidebar, set each group with “auto” “auto”, dynamic mode 60sec.
    Inserted two 300x600pixel banners with the same (and only) group.
    Since I added the cache plugin I see the two banners at the same time, instead of displaying each one for 60 seconds.

Arnan
    Badges:

So the pic of the girl and the ottocento text is one advert, and the red advert below is the other one. But they shouldn’t show up below each other because it’s a dynamic group?

Anyway, if it started happening since you use caching. That’s a bit odd. Never heard of that before.
    But, caching can do weird things sometimes 🙂

Try disabling the minify option, sometimes it strips out too much code. Or re-loads things in the wrong order.

Did you enable caching support?
    AdRotate has support for W3 Total Cache and Borlabs Cache.
    Check out this manual on making the plugins work together; https://ajdg.solutions/support/adrotate-manuals/caching-support/

marcorroma
    Badges:

I have the WP Rocket plugin for the cache.
    How can I do?

Arnan
    Badges:

AdRotate has support for W3 Total Cache and Borlabs Cache.

marcorroma
    Badges:

I apologize,
    I thought it was a cache problem but I tried to disable the cache, to clear my browser’s cache, but the problem is not fixed.
    Why do I see two banners with the same group?

Group’s settings
    settings

Arnan
    Badges:

Probably because you use auto for the size. Dynamic mode likes an exact size.
    Try setting a real size.

marcorroma
    Badges:

Contains an adaptable Adsense code.
    I can’t use “auto”.

Arnan
    Badges:

You ARE using auto, which is likely the problem.
    If you insist on using ‘Auto’, don’t use Dynamic mode.

marcorroma
    Badges:

How can I not use “auto” if I have more than 100 AdRotate widgets with different formats in the sidebar?
    I need “dynamic mode” because I have various banners from different clients.

Arnan
    Badges:

That’s something you have to work out yourself I’m afraid.

‘auto’ doesn’t play nice with Dynamic Mode. That’s why auto is not recommended in the description.
    Dynamic mode is (kinda) designed to work with a single size advert.

If you need auto for the size, it’s better to use Default Mode. Which rotates adverts just fine.
    But it requires a page load/refresh to do so.

marcorroma
    Badges:

Is there no possibility to fix this bug with “dynamic mode” in the next update?
    Maybe a code that tells the “dynamic” group if there is an active banner the size is not “auto” but “300×600” (example).
    It is an important function for those who work with rotating banners of customers!

Otherwise I have to find another plugin. I see no other choices.

Arnan
    Badges:

It’s not a bug, that’s just how Javascript works. If you want to switch content around you need a pre-set size. Otherwise Javascript doesn’t know the area to switch around and what to show/hide.

If the content you are switching around is not of the same size either it can create a skipping effect in your website text or the next/previous advert may partially show or create weird effects.

Most (or all) publishers use the same size adverts for this kind of thing or, if they don’t, use the group in default mode so the jumping around content won’t be noticeable.
    Ofcourse it’s much easier for your visitors to interpret the pate if the adverts are a uniform size, too.

marcorroma
    Badges:

I understood.
    But if I use the real size of the banners, having many adrotate groups, the sidebar becomes very long and empty.
    It would take a code that tells the adrotate group not to be displayed if it does not contain a banner, instead of many empty spaces.
    What do you think about it?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Error with two banners of the same group’ is closed to new replies.

You may be interested in