Feature suggestion: add automatic support for 'ads.txt'

Home Forums AdRotate for WordPress General Support Feature suggestion: add automatic support for 'ads.txt'

Hi all,

I know I should have noticed this earlier, but I was updating one of the installations to use the ‘newer’ versions of Google AdSense responsive ads, and I noticed that Google now strongly recommends adding an ‘ads.txt’ file to conform with the IAB initiative.

It would be nice if AdRotate could automatically deal with that. This would require adding a few lines of code using the WordPress Rewrite API (to make sure that it works across different Web servers). It would possibly also require to extract meaningful information from the ad itself (like the ad provider and the publisher ID) to simplify the overall setup.

More information on ads.txt can be found on the following IAB page: https://iabtechlab.com/ads-txt/ Note that there are about a thousand or so ‘known’ ad providers; half of those are fully registered by TAG.

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

AdRotate currently does nothing with ads.txt but your adsense adverts do.
    Even if you manage them through AdRotate.

I’ve been considering adding support for ads.txt in AdRotate Pro for a while, but haven’t gotten around to adding it yet or doing much research.
    But I think a simple file editor kind of interface will do just file. So that you can create and edit the file from your dashboard in AdRotate. That’ll make managing the thing much more easy.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Feature suggestion: add automatic support for 'ads.txt'’ is closed to new replies.

You may be interested in