Getting rid of ajdg_grpwidgets-x id and ajdg_grpwidgets class

Trouble updating AdRotate Professional to the latest version?

If your license is not expired and you are having trouble with updates for AdRotate Professional I want to hear from you!
Known issues; The update will not install or no update is visible in your dashboard.
Affected versions; Most versions of AdRotate Professional since December 2019.

Click here for the solution - AdRotate Pro update not working or not offered.

Home Forums AdRotate for WordPress Adverts and Banners Getting rid of ajdg_grpwidgets-x id and ajdg_grpwidgets class

aberbenni
    Badges:

Is there any way, inside the plugin, to get rid of ajdg_grpwidgets id and class from HTML code. Adblock is blocking those divs.

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

Due to how WordPress works these can not be removed or easily changed.
    Also, changing them in the next update will cause all kinds of issues with currently set up widgets as that name serves as a a identifier.

So if I changed it, all your current widgets would dissapear 🙁
    WordPress is a but clunky that way.

aberbenni
    Badges:

They disappear anyway, due to AdBlock… :-/
    I could try to get around the problem by using standard html widgets and inserting AdRotate shortcodes for groups. What do you think?

aberbenni
    Badges:

I found those two lines:

##.ajdg_bnnrwidgets
    ##.ajdg_grpwidgets

In https://easylist.to/easylist/easylist.txt

Using standard html widgets and inserting AdRotate shortcodes for groups, works.

aberbenni
    Badges:

Using Custom HTML widgets with AdRotate groups shortcodes is working. Banner are showing on website

But click tracking doesn’t work.

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

I’m considering some other methods. But for now there is no other solution than to discourage the use of adblocker.

aberbenni
    Badges:

Or discourage the use of AdRotate widgets. As said using Custom HTML widgets with AdRotate groups shortcodes works.

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

Yep, that’ll work too.

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

I’ve found a way to randomize the class names for widgets.
    The next version will make this available this for every AdRotate Professional user.

Of-course obvious adverts will still be blocked. But it won’t be because of the widget classname.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Getting rid of ajdg_grpwidgets-x id and ajdg_grpwidgets class’ is closed to new replies.

You may be interested in