groups within groups

Not one for queueing up? Get faster support with AdRotate Pro!
The forum is checked a few times per week. With AdRotate Pro you can get answers faster using email support.
More private, more direct and usually a solution within a day! Learn more »

Home Forums AdRotate for WordPress Groups groups within groups

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Arnan 5 months ago.

stefan
    Badges:

Hi,
    Your plugin seems to be a perfekt fit for our customers but only one feature is missing.
    We would need to have an layer above where we create a group with mode “default” and instead of selecting adverts for that group we need to select groups which we have already created with “dynamic mode”.
    Is there a plan to create such a feature.
    If not what code do i need to change or what would it cost?
    BR
    stefan

Arnan
    Badges:

I’m not sure what you mean with that, can you tell me more?

stefan
    Badges:

I will describe our problem:
    Now we have for every advertising partner an ad group with rotating ads. We want to split ad spaces for two advertising partners. So one ad space has two different ad groups. Every time when the site loads the ad space should load „group 1“ or „group 2“.

So far we split the group with this javascript:

var random_number = Math.random();
        if (random_number < .5){
            document.writeln('group1');
        } else {
            document.writeln('group2');
        } 

But with Adrotate we can’t add the ad groups shortcode in this code. Also we can’t use PHP, because our WordPress page is cached.

Many Thanks
    stefan

Arnan
    Badges:

In AdRotate Pro you can use a fallback group – This is useful for when the primary group has nothing to show, the fallback group can take over. Often this is used to show a generic “buy this adspace” advert, some just stick adsense in there.

stefan
    Badges:

Thank you for the reply. This means that there is no solution for our problem?
    BR
    stefan

Arnan
    Badges:

[adrotate group="1,2"] perhaps?
    Or echo adrotate_group('1,2');

Check out the manual for more options – https://ajdg.solutions/manuals/adrotate-manuals/show-adverts-on-your-site/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘groups within groups’ is closed to new replies.