How to Enable Geo Targeting

Home Forums AdRotate for WordPress General Support How to Enable Geo Targeting

This topic contains 24 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  redereporter 5 days, 11 hours ago.

redereporter
    Badges:

Good morning, I could not shoot the AdRotate Geo, the error appears. »AdRotate Geo is no longer working because you have no more lookups for today. This resets at midnight UTC / GMT. I’ve waited 3 days and still the error does not disappear, I do not know what else to do.

reem vasker
    Badges:

WOW, it’s happening also to me a few weeks 🙁

Maybe there is a hidden bug here?

redereporter
    Badges:

Maybe yes, it’s happening for 1 month with me.

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

Which version of AdRotate Pro do you use?
    What does it say in the little array above he save button in AdRotate Pro > settings > geo targeting?

redereporter
    Badges:

Hi, my adrotate pro is in the version 5.3

In the array
    Your Geo Targeting Data
    CAUTION! When you change Geo Services the cookie needs to refresh. You may have to save the settings once or twice for that to happen.
    If re-saving doesn’t seem to help, remove the cookie manually from your browsers debug/info console.

Cookie or _SESSION: Session data
    Your IP Address: 181.213.40.97
    Array
    (
    )

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

So no location data – Did you reset the cookie yet by removing it from your browser?
    You can also wait for the cookie to expire, but depending on your settings that may take up to a week 😉

redereporter
    Badges:

Good morning, the UTC / GMT error persists.
    AdRotate has detected one issue that requires y
    our attention:
    » AdRotate Geo is no longer working because you have no more lookups for today. This resets at midnight UTC/GMT

And I cleaned cookies now this warning is appearing.

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/storage/1/76/c3/w3agencia111/public_html/wp-admin/includes/template.php:2334) in /home/storage/1/76/c3/w3agencia111/public_html/wp-content/plugins/adrotate-pro/adrotate-functions.php on line 532
    Your Geo Targeting Data
    CAUTION! When you change Geo Services the cookie needs to refresh. You may have to save the settings once or twice for that to happen.
    If re-saving doesn’t seem to help, remove the cookie manually from your browsers debug/info console.

Your IP Address: 108.162.241.89
    Array
    (
    )

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

Still no location data. That’s odd.

Which version of AdRotate Pro do you use?
    What’s the full domain name (as visible in WordPress > Settings > General, Site Address)?

redereporter
    Badges:

Version 5.3
    Domain name: http://3agencia.com.br

redereporter
    Badges:

Now it is showing some information in the array, but the IP and all the information is wrong, because I am in Brazil and my ip is not this one.

Cookie or _SESSION: Cookie
    Your IP Address: 108.162.241.89
    Array
    (
        [provider] => AdRotate Geo
        [status] => 200
        [city] => toronto
        [dma] => 
        [countrycode] => CA
        [state] => ontario
        [statecode] => on
    )

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

That looks better 🙂
    Your server thinks that’s your IP though – If it’s not, then what is it?
    You can check that by simply googling “what is my IP” and it’ll tell you in the result.

redereporter
    Badges:

I have no idea where this ip is. My ip is 181.213.40.97

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

The only explanation I have for it is that you’d be using a VPN or some kind of Proxy in between you and the internet. Or your server is manipulating the IP variables AdRotate relies on to see who is who.

Your webhost can probably tell you more about that if you’re not using a VPN.

redereporter
    Badges:

I updated adrotate to version 5.4, the error still appears for 2 days.
    I changed server and my ip is showing up correctly, but no information.

AdRotate has detected one issue that requires your attention:
    » AdRotate Geo is no longer working because you have no more lookups for today. This resets at midnight UTC/GMT.

Remaining Requests. This number is provided by the geo service and not checked for accuracy. Not every geo service provides a quota.

Your IP Address: 181.213.40.97
    Array
    (
    )

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

In AdRotate Pro 5.4 re-saving the settings will reset the cookie immediately.
    Did you re-save the settings? With the server change, did the domain change also?

redereporter
    Badges:

Yes, I saved several times. Yes, I changed the server and changed it to a new domain. UTC / GMT error still persists

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

If the domain changed, as-in the actual url is different, your license won’t authenticate with AdRotate Geo. Re-activating the license will let you access AdRotate Geo again.

When that works, go into Settings > Geo Targeting and save the settings again, this updates the cookie. You’ll see the result near the save button, same as the geo location you posted earlier.

redereporter
    Badges:

Friend changed the server and domain, deactivated the license in the old domain and activated it in the new. I did this 2 two years ago, updated geo targeting several times and still shows UTC / GMT error

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

2 years ago? Not a couple of days ago?

Anyway, this is taking too long – Please send a message from the contact form in your dashboard > Premium Support. And tick the box to have me take a look so I can log in to your site and see if Geo Targeting is working for me.

redereporter
    Badges:

Yes two days ago. I will send premium support.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘How to Enable Geo Targeting’ is closed to new replies.

You may be interested in