Lost Stats for an ad when changing location

Not one for queueing up? Get faster support with AdRotate Pro!
The forum is checked a few times per week. With AdRotate Pro you can get answers faster using email support.
More private, more direct and usually a solution within a day! Learn more »

Home Forums AdRotate for WordPress General Support Lost Stats for an ad when changing location

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jeff 9 months, 1 week ago.

Jeff
    Badges:

I emailed support 2-3 weeks ago but since I have not received an answer, I’ll ask here. I have the AdRotate Pro.
    I had placed one ad in a group, but decided after a over a year to move it to another group that was getting better exposure. Somehow after that move, the stats started all over again.
    Since my deal with the advertiser is based on clicks, I need to reset the number to approximately what it was before I moved it from the first group.
    How can I do that?

Arnan
    Badges:

If you’re looking at the group stats (or created a new group for that move) then THOSE stats are 0. Because its a new/different group.

The Advert itself will not loose it stats from just putting it in a different or new group. Unless of-course you or someone reset it 😉

Jeff
    Badges:

Thanks for the reply. I am looking at the Adverts page (adrotate-ads).

I moved the ad to an existing group and I did not reset the stats.

For my question, is there a way to update the click stats to what they should be? Or do I need to go digging in the database?

Arnan
    Badges:

You’d have to edit the database and cheat a little for that. Not recommended to do so.

Jeff
    Badges:

I went to look at the stats again. The ad I’m having issues with was the very first ad I put up and is the first row below. The 2nd and 3rd ads were put up 1 month later in the same group with a 4×1 grid and are the 2nd and 3rd rows below. All 3 ads are shown 100% every time the home page is shown. The clicks are one thing, but the Shown stat clearly shows the ad got reset when I moved it from the one group to the other.

Shown	Today
    499642	20
    945285	202
    944993	202

Arnan
    Badges:

Then someone reset it… There is literally no code in AdRotate Pro that does that automatically. The only way to do so is via bulk actions.

Jeff
    Badges:

Since I am the only person who manages my website, I don’t even know where the reset button is, although you just said it’s in the bulk actions. Unfortunately I am not getting anywhere here, so I’ll just give it up and say thank you for at least answering my question. If I ever decide to move an ad again, I will capture screenshots along the way.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Lost Stats for an ad when changing location’ is closed to new replies.