Missing database columns after update

Not one for queueing up? Get faster support with AdRotate Pro!
The forum is checked a few times per week. With AdRotate Pro you can get answers faster using email support.
More private, more direct and usually a solution within a day! Learn more »

Home Forums AdRotate for WordPress General Support Missing database columns after update

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Arnan 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

We updated the website and the plugins to the latest version. Adrotate version 392, previous was 380.
    Database version 64 previous was 56.
    Wordpress version 4.9.8
    no caching plugin
    single site installation

After updating the website and plugins the adverts are gone in the advert list in de WP admin. They are visible in the database. The website does not show the adverts. The error log shows some errors:

WordPress databasefout Unknown column 'adspeed' in 'field list' bij query SELECTid,adspeedFROMwp_adrotate_groupsWHEREname!= '' ANDmodus= 1 ORDER BYid` ASC; gemaakt door require(‘wp-blog-header.php’), require_once(‘wp-includes/template-loader.php’), include(‘/themes/thesis_17/index.php’), thesis_html_framework, thesis_framework_page, thesis_footer_area, thesis_footer, wp_footer, do_action(‘wp_footer’), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, call_user_func_array, adrotate_custom_javascript

and 

WordPress databasefout Unknown column ‘cat’ in ‘field list’ bij query SELECT id, cat, cat_loc, cat_par FROM wp_adrotate_groups WHERE cat_loc > 0 AND cat_loc < 5; gemaakt door require(‘wp-blog-header.php’), require_once(‘wp-includes/template-loader.php’), include(‘/themes/thesis_17/index.php’), thesis_html_framework, thesis_head::build, thesis_head->meta, wp_trim_excerpt, apply_filters(‘the_content’), WP_Hook->apply_filters, call_user_func_array, adrotate_inject_posts

and

WordPress databasefout Unknown column ‘cat’ in ‘field list’ bij query SELECT id, cat, cat_loc, cat_par FROM wp_adrotate_groups WHERE cat_loc > 0 AND cat_loc < 5; gemaakt door require(‘wp-blog-header.php’), require_once(‘wp-includes/template-loader.php’), include(‘/themes/thesis_17/index.php’), thesis_html_framework, thesis_framework_page, thesis_content_area, thesis_columns, thesis_content_column, thesis_loop_posts, thesis_single_loop, thesis_post_box, thesis_post_content, the_content, apply_filters(‘the_content’), WP_Hook->apply_filters, call_user_func_array, adrotate_inject_posts
    `

I think the database is not updated correctly. How can I solve this?

thanks for your reply!

Arnan
    Badges:

Looks that way ๐Ÿ™
    Those are the only missing columns?

nope, I checked the adrotate-setup script and I see more columns are missing. I added a bunch of columns now. In adrotate I still not see the adverts now, but I see these error message now in top:

AdRotate has detected one issue that requires your attention:
    ยป 36 adverts have configuration errors! Check adverts!

When I click on ‘check adverts’ I still not see the adverts.

adrotate db table now have 32 columns.
    I also updated to the PRO version, no result unfortunately.

Arnan
    Badges:

You can check the adrotate-setup.php file to see the installation script so you can add the columns based on that. Easiest is to simply match things up from the file with the actual database.

Alternatively, I can do that for you for a fee. More on that here:
    https://ajdg.solutions/product/adrotate-installation-or-update/

If adverts have some kind of issue, edit them one by one to see more details about what’s going wrong. It’ll say at the top of the edit dashboard.
    If nothing is wrong, go to Settings > Maintenance and click “Re-evaluate all adverts” to check everything, sometimes AdRotate just needs to refresh it’s cache ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Missing database columns after update’ is closed to new replies.