New adverts reset date to 01/01/1970

Not one for queueing up? Get faster support with AdRotate Pro!
The forum is checked a few times per week. With AdRotate Pro you can get answers faster using email support.
More private, more direct and usually a solution within a day! Learn more »

Home Forums AdRotate for WordPress General Support New adverts reset date to 01/01/1970

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Arnan 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

atomicboy
    Badges:

I have a WordPress 4.8.4. installation with AdRotate 4.7.
    Right now I have the problem that everytime I create a new advert and try to set a date (either start or expiry), the date resets to default 01/01/1970 after saving.
    Already searched the forum here but didn’t find a solution for this problem.

Thanks for your help.

atomicboy
    Badges:

Now updated to WordPress 4.9 and reinstalled AdRotate – with no change for this error.
    Would be happy about your support.

Arnan
    Badges:

Sounds like a database issue.

Try cleaning up the database from Settings > Maintenance.

If that doesn’t help, check the servers error_log file in yor hosting dashboard for anything that mentions AdRotate.
    Anything is interesting.

atomicboy
    Badges:

Thanks for the info – I already tried this out, with no effect.
    I also had a look in the error.log and found out that there are several columns in the db missing.
    e.g. daystarttime etc. Are this just PRO features / tables or should they be also present in the free version?

Then I searched for this problem and found a page that altered the database structure:
    https://reformatcode.com/code/php/dates-not-changing-in-ads-rotate-plugin-wordpress
    Now I seem to have the right database structure, but still the dates keep changing to 01/01/1970.

Arnan
    Badges:

If your database is not up-to-date you should click the big “finish update” button at the top of your dashboard.

If that button is not there go to Settings > Maintenance, check the version numbers.
    You can also run the updater from there if you need to.

Bill
    Badges:

I have a WordPress 4.8.4. installation with AdRotate 4.7.
    Right now I have the problem that everytime I create a new advert and try to set a date (either start or expiry), the date resets to default 01/01/1970 after saving.
    Already searched the forum here but didn’t find a solution for this problem.

Updated to adrotate pro and all banner ads would not show. Switched back to adrotate and still haveing the same date issue.

Arnan
    Badges:

When you install AdRotate Pro – Are the adverts gone from your site or the dashboard? Or both? Do you see any errors?
    Can you chekc the servers error_log file for anything that mentions AdRotate? Anything is interesting.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘New adverts reset date to 01/01/1970’ is closed to new replies.