PHP Fatal Error

Trouble updating AdRotate Professional to the latest version?

If your license is not expired and you are having trouble with updates for AdRotate Professional I want to hear from you!
Known issues; The update will not install or no update is visible in your dashboard.
Affected versions; Most versions of AdRotate Professional since December 2019.

Click here for the solution - AdRotate Pro update not working or not offered.

Home Forums AdRotate for WordPress Bug Reports PHP Fatal Error

Robert Walker
    Badges:

I am regularly getting this error on my website and was hoping you could help me figure out the issue:

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Cannot use object of type WP_Error as array in /nas/content/live/example/wp-content/plugins/adrotate-pro/adrotate-functions.php:475\nStack trace:\n#0 /nas/content/live/example/wp-content/plugins/adrotate-pro/adrotate-functions.php(389): adrotate_geolocation()\n#1 /nas/content/live/example/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(287): adrotate_session(Object(WP))\n#2 /nas/content/live/example/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(311): WP_Hook->apply_filters('', Array)\n#3 /nas/content/live/example/wp-includes/plugin.php(544): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)\n#4 /nas/content/live/example/wp-includes/class-wp.php(752): do_action_ref_array('wp', Array)\n#5 /nas/content/live/example/wp-includes/functions.php(1274): WP->main('')\n#6 /nas/content/live/example/wp-blog-header.php(16): wp()\n#7 /nas/content/live/example/index.php(17): require('/nas/content/li...')\n#8 {main}\n thrown in /nas/content/live/example/wp-content/plugins/adrotate-pro/adrotate-functions.php on line 475

Thank you!

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

Hi robert,
    That looks like its related to Geo Targeting.
    Which lookup service do you use?
    Are you using the latest version of AdRotate Pro?

Robert Walker
    Badges:

I am running version 5.8.3 of Adblock Professional, which looks to be the latest version.

For Geo-targeting I am using the AdRotate Geo service. I should note this site is at a publicly accessible test location, so it is not receiving much traffic where the lookup limit would come into play, nor is it blocking any external server communication.

The error was present for under a minute and then went away. I also had it appear momentarily a few days ago. Unfortunately it is a fatal error that crashes the site so it is definitely an issue.

Let me know if there is any other information I can provide, thank you.

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

Adblock is something else, but assuming you mean AdRotate Pro. Then that’s the latest version.

the wp_error thing is very generic and doesn’t tell you or me anything useful really.
    If you can take a look at the servers error_log file, perhaps there is a more detailed error there.
    For example, what caused the wp_error 🙂

You can usually find the error_log in your hosting dashboard (cPanel/DirectAdmin or something).
    Anything mentioning AdRotate is interesting.

If you like to continue this investigation in private feel free to switch to email, you can use the contact form in your dashboard. If you do, please refer to this topic so I know it’s you.

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

This error will be handled better in the next version so it won’t interfere with normal operation.
    https://ajdg.solutions/support/adrotate-development/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

You may be interested in