Problems with media management

Trouble updating AdRotate Professional to the latest version?

If your license is not expired and you are having trouble with updates for AdRotate Professional I want to hear from you!
Known issues; The update will not install or no update is visible in your dashboard.
Affected versions; Most versions of AdRotate Professional since December 2019.

Click here for the solution - AdRotate Pro update not working or not offered.

Home Forums AdRotate for WordPress General Support Problems with media management

subwoofer
    Badges:

I was pleased to find AdRotate as it looked ideal, but am on the verge of dropping it completely and looking elsewhere.

Currently I am using the free version so understand there are some limitations, but the media management is completely unusable.

My understanding is that you should be able to select banners from the WordPress Media Library, but in the advert editor, the wordpress media ‘select banner’ button does nothing. I have manually uploaded a banner to the banner folder using FTP, but I do want to be able to choose wordpress media.

Worse is that after saving an advert, when you go back in to edit the media/image fields are blank. On saving it without reselecting the image you end up with an advert with errors that you have to go back in to to reselect the image.

These faults make it basically unusable (not worth the pain). Is there a fix to this?

WordPress 5.3.2
    PHP version 7.3.13
    AdRotate Version 5.6.2

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

As far as I can tell the media button works on my test sites.
    Make sure there are no javascript errors in your dashboard that prevent the popup screen from opening. Some errors cause all kinds of weird stuff…

If the advert selection doesn’t stay ‘selected’ that indicates some kind of database problem.
    Check the servers error_log file for any errors mentioning AdRotate. Anything is interesting.
    YOu can usually find the error_log in your hosting dashboard somewhere.

subwoofer
    Badges:

AH-HA! (That troubleshooting is a bit in depth for a plugin ‘user’)

I found the answer due to another plugin complaining about the ad-blocker in my browser.

I disabled the ad-blocker thanks to warning messages in the other plugin and went back into Adrotate, and there we go, I could add media from the WP library, and these assets are remembered in the advert.

Totally different experience now.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Problems with media management’ is closed to new replies.

You may be interested in