Question about views

Home Forums AdRotate for WordPress Advert Statistics Question about views

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Arnan de Gans 2 days, 10 hours ago.

barry
    Badges:

Hi Arnan,

For one of our clients we are using your plugin to display ads, every two posts we show ads, counting up to 7, then starting over again. We repeat this process three times on every page. This results in 7 groups, appearing three times on every page. Now, the first 5 get a lot of fews, but the last two always fall behind. I could imagine them having less views, due to being the last two in the sequence, but the difference is substantial. For example, at this moment the first five are around 300ish views, while the last two are 20ish. I did a check throughout the site, and can confirm every block does repeat all 7 ads,

Any idea how I could go about debugging this issue?

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

If the lower blocks/groups have the same adverts as the first 5 (or share a bunch) those adverts will not be counted again on the same pageload if the user just scrolls down within a minute the advert first loaded.

You can somewhat change that via the Impression timer setting in Settings > Stats.

barry
    Badges:

Good point. However, that is not the case, as all groups have unique adverts assigned. Any other suggestion? 🙂

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

What kind of adverts are in there? From Adsense for example?

barry
    Badges:

The kind of adverts vary, but are all custom made (I think). You can check out the website in question here; https://www.mediwietsite.nl/

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

Some adverts, such as adsense ones, have their own tracking and a different method.
    Some ‘older’ iFrame and Flash adverts don’t track stats at all, or not reliably.

Maybe the adverts further down simply aren’t loaded and thus won’t track as much adverts.
    If adverts are provided by Adsense, there is a limit of 5 adverts per page. If Google finds more it won’t track stats either.

There are a lot of reasons why adverts won’t get stats. And it’s probably one of the above.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

You may be interested in