Responsiveness not working properly

Home Forums AdRotate for WordPress General Support Responsiveness not working properly

M.W.
    Badges:

I have created 3 ads, each in a different format for responsiveness.

300×250 -> Device Mobile only
    470×90 -> Device Tablet only
    728×90 -> Device Desktop only

All 3 ads are in a group. The group is displayed on the site.

When watching the site on a desktop, the 300×250 ad still shows up. Or when I see a 728×90 ad, and I resize my screen to a mobile size, the ad does not switch to the 300×250 ad. We use Redis and NginX caching.

For me the whole responsiveness mechanism does not work correctly. Wrong ad sizes are displayed and I don’t know how to fix this.

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

Creating 3 mobile adverts and putting them in a group does not make things responsive.
    AdRotate Pro uses a script called Mobile Detect to spot which device is loading the page. If that is a mobile or tablet device, or a computer the appropriate advert will load. If you didn’t create/appoint an advert for a tablet it’ll fall back on the desktop advert.

So resizing the screen won’t do anything as it’s still a laptop or tablet…

If that’s not to your liking you can also try the Advert Generator, which lets you specify up to 4 images for 1 advert. The initial viewport will then determine which image is loaded for the advert.
    This is a CSS/HTML solution and does not involve detecting the device. It also does not responsively resize the advert, but if you start with a small browser window it should load the smaller advert. This method generally works fine, but not every browser cares for it… So it’s a little bit less accurate – Although in my testing it worked every time.
    You can read more about the generator here – https://ajdg.solutions/support/adrotate-manuals/using-the-advert-generator/

M.W.
    Badges:

The Advert generator seems not to work as expected.

Mandatory:
    I select a banner image, for example a 300×250 image
    I fill in the target website

Viewports:
    Smaller devices: I select the same 300×250 image
    Middle sized devices: I select the 470×90 image
    Larger sized devices: I select the 728×90 image

Options:
    Target in new window: checked
    Nofollow: checked
    Alt and title: UNchecked

Portability: not used

Then I click Generate ad and configure.

So I add a name and select a schedule and save it.

The result is ONE single ad image (300×250) that is displayed on all window sizes.

But I expected 3 ads, one for every viewport.

Any ideas?

M.W.
    Badges:

Is there another way to split the ads based on the viewport width?

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

Try clearing the browser cache on all devices you’re testing on. So that it can load the right images.

M.W.
    Badges:

Of course I tried that, but it has nothing to do with the fact that only 1 ad is generated

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

Not sure what you’re expecting to happen, but the generator only makes one advert of the multiple images. As described on the page I linked you to earlier.
    Up-to 4 images for 1 advert. And the viewport decides which one shows up in supported browsers.

Do you use caching on your site? If so, which plugin?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

You may be interested in