Saving Group

Trouble updating AdRotate Professional to the latest version?

If your license is not expired and you are having trouble with updates for AdRotate Professional I want to hear from you!
Known issues; The update will not install or no update is visible in your dashboard.
Affected versions; Most versions of AdRotate Professional since December 2019.

Click here for the solution - AdRotate Pro update not working or not offered.

Home Forums AdRotate for WordPress Groups Saving Group

Iryna-IMN
    Badges:

Hi,
    Saving the group I get this error:
    ‘There was an error loading the page. If you please try again by reloading the page via the menu on the left.
    When I try to reload the page, it gives me the same error again, or when I try and join a group and from there I try to create the other group it always gives me the same error. Please I need urgently to solve this problem.

Thanks
    Iryna

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

Please check the version numbers in AdRotate > Settings > Maintenance, near the bottom.
    If there is a mismatch, click the “run updater” button.

Alternatively the error can show if you or someone deleted the AdRotate tables.
    Re-activating the plugin from the plugins page in your dashboard should create new tables on activation.

Iryna-IMN
    Badges:

Hi,
    unfortunately the problem persists, it doesn’t make me create and modify the groups … only the single insertions.
    I disable the expired banners, because it gave me the error but the problem remains.

How can I solve this problem?
    Thanks

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

But did you verify the database version numbers as I suggested?
    Which version of AdRotate do you use? Did this start after an update?

Did you re-activate the plugin as suggested?

Iryna-IMN
    Badges:

Hi,
    I have these database numbers: Current: 66 | Previous: 42, I don’t know if they can help you.
    I am using the version 5.8.6 of the plugin and it started to malfunction only after updating.
    I tried to activate and deactivate the plugin but nothing has changed.

Thanks

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

Right, so that’s fine then.
    Re-activating the plugin should then fix the problem.

If not, please check the servers error_log file for errors.
    Anything mentioning AdRotate is interesting.
    The log file can usually be found in your hosting dashboard somewhere.

Iryna-IMN
    Badges:

Hi,
    With the debugging I don’t get any plugin error and I tried to activate and deactivate it many times also emptying the cache, but it doesn’t make me create new groups anyway.

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

But what does it say in the error_log file?
    Not all errors are always visible.
    When I try to make a group on AdRotate 5.8.6 it works fine. So logically it’s not an bug in AdRotate – But may be from something during updating.

Iryna-IMN
    Badges:

Hi,

I have this error:
    WordPress errore sul database Unknown column ‘budget’ in ‘field list’ per la query UPDATE wp_adrotate SET budget = budgetcrate WHERE id = 92 AND crate > 0; fatta da do_action(‘wp_ajax_nopriv_adrotate_click’), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, adrotate_click_callback

How can I solve it?

Thanks

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

Aha!

Usually that means you didn’t finish the update properly.
    If you go to Settings > Maintenance, near the bottom there is a button “run updater” that should add the missing column.

Iryna-IMN
    Badges:

Hi,

I did everything as you said but the problem continues to persist 🙁

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

Allright, then if the budget column missing is the only error please execute this query in PHPMyAdmin, you can do so in the SQL field/page. PHPMyAdmin is usually found in your hosting dashboard or through cPanel/Directadmin.

ALTER TABLE wp_adrotate ADD budget double NOT NULL default '0' AFTER autodelete;

Make sure the wp_ bit matches your database table names. Some setups use another prefix.
    Obviously since you’re editing your database manually, take great care to copy the query exactly.
    A backup is never a bad idea for this kind of thing.

Iryna-IMN
    Badges:

Hi,

I solved that problem, now I have another one again:

WordPress errore sul database Unknown column ‘mobile’ in ‘field list’ per la query INSERT INTO wp_adrotate_groups (name, modus, fallback, cat, cat_loc, cat_par, page, page_loc, page_par, mobile, geo, wrapper_before, wrapper_after, gridrows, gridcolumns, admargin, admargin_bottom, admargin_left, admargin_right, adwidth, adheight, adspeed, repeat_impressions) VALUES (”, ‘0’, ‘0’, ”, ‘0’, ‘0’, ”, ‘0’, ‘0’, ‘0’, ‘0’, ”, ”, ‘2’, ‘2’, ‘0’, ‘0’, ‘0’, ‘0’, ‘125’, ‘125’, ‘6000’, ‘Y’) fatta da do_action(‘adrotate_page_adrotate-groups’), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, adrotate_manage_group, include(‘/plugins/adrotate/dashboard/publisher/groups-edit.php’)

What could it be?

Thanks

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

Please make a new, clean, install of AdRotate – Clearly the database is missing all kinds of bits.

Since you were unable to get all missing columns from the error_log as requested the quickest way to a working installation is to start over.

You can do so by uninstalling the plugin and installing as if it were your first time.
    Of-course any adverts you had and it’s data will be deleted in that process.

Iryna-IMN
    Badges:

Hi,

I deleted the plugin and then installed it again, but the tables of the plugin itself are not automatically deleted when deleting the plugin. Do I have to do it manually? Is there any risk?

Thanks

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

Hmm 🙁
    Yea you can do it manually, but the point of reinstalling was that it goes automatically.
    To delete them simply go into PHPMyAdmin (or your database manager) and delete all tables with _adrotate_ in the name.

Also can you check your servers error_log file and see why it failed? Anything mentioning AdRotate is interesting.
    Last I checked, the uninstall script worked fine…

Iryna-IMN
    Badges:

Hi,

Thanks, I try to do it manually.

These are the errors I get in the log file:

[27-Aug-2020 07:11:21 UTC] PHP Warning: call_user_func() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, no array or string given in /home/varesesport/public_html/wp-content/plugins/adrotate/adrotate-setup.php on line 228

[27-Aug-2020 07:12:46 UTC] WordPress errore sul database Unknown column ‘mobile’ in ‘field list’ per la query INSERT INTO wp_adrotate_groups (name, modus, fallback, cat, cat_loc, cat_par, page, page_loc, page_par, mobile, geo, wrapper_before, wrapper_after, gridrows, gridcolumns, admargin, admargin_bottom, admargin_left, admargin_right, adwidth, adheight, adspeed, repeat_impressions) VALUES (”, ‘0’, ‘0’, ”, ‘0’, ‘0’, ”, ‘0’, ‘0’, ‘0’, ‘0’, ”, ”, ‘2’, ‘2’, ‘0’, ‘0’, ‘0’, ‘0’, ‘125’, ‘125’, ‘6000’, ‘Y’) fatta da do_action(‘adrotate_page_adrotate-groups’), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, adrotate_manage_group, include(‘/plugins/adrotate/dashboard/publisher/groups-edit.php’)

Thank you

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

I’ll look into that, thanks for your report.

Let me know if you run into further trouble.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Saving Group’ is closed to new replies.

You may be interested in