Script leads to blank page

Home Forums AdRotate for WordPress General Support Script leads to blank page

focus-on
    Badges:

Hello,
    we have several people advertising on our website and they send us ad codes like the following:

<script type="text/javascript">if (!window.AdButler){(function(){var s = document.createElement("script"); s.async = true; s.type = "text/javascript";s.src = 'https://servedbyadbutler.com/app.js';var n = document.getElementsByTagName("script")[0]; n.parentNode.insertBefore(s, n);}());}</script>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    var AdButler = AdButler || {}; AdButler.ads = AdButler.ads || [];
    var abkw = window.abkw || '';
    var plc462591 = window.plc462591 || 0;
    document.write('<'+'div id="placement_462591_'+plc462591+'"></'+'div>');
    AdButler.ads.push({handler: function(opt){ AdButler.register(179386, 462591, [300,600], 'placement_462591_'+opt.place, opt); }, opt: { place: plc462591++, keywords: abkw, domain: 'servedbyadbutler.com', click:'CLICK_MACRO_PLACEHOLDER' }});
    </script>

The problem: when I paste this code in adrotate I get a blank page and just the ad showing, everything else in the backend vanishes. Why would this happen?

Thanks in advance

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

Hah, haven’t seen that in ages…

If you paste in the advert and the screen goes white that’s usually due to a broken advert.
    The live preview renders the advert, but it doesn’t stay inside the alotted area…

Disabling the live preview in settings will work around that.
    Getting adverts that follow the boundaries of their iframe should also fix the issue.
    Typically the advert will have an iFrame inside an iFrame, which is a bad idea. The 2nd frame then sort of ignores the first frame and takes over the whole browser 😉

focus-on
    Badges:

Ah, I see. I will follow your advice. Thank you very much.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Script leads to blank page’ is closed to new replies.

You may be interested in