Seeing adrotate_impression AJAX calls with statistics disabled?

Trouble updating AdRotate Professional to the latest version?

If your license is not expired and you are having trouble with updates for AdRotate Professional I want to hear from you!
Known issues; The update will not install or no update is visible in your dashboard.
Affected versions; Most versions of AdRotate Professional since December 2019.

Click here for the solution - AdRotate Pro update not working or not offered.

Home Forums AdRotate for WordPress Advert Statistics Seeing adrotate_impression AJAX calls with statistics disabled?

robmm
    Badges:

I’ve disabled statistics in the AdRotate settings, I don’t use dynamic ad groups, and yet I’m still seeing a lot of adrotate_impression calls in my admin-ajax log. Why is that?

Rob

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

That probably has something to do with caching.
    If you’ve disabled the function the code can’t run. So if it’s still there…

Try clearing your website cache.

AdRotate has support for Borlabs Cache and W3 Total Cache.
    Check out this manual to see how to set up the plugins for that to work; https://ajdg.solutions/support/adrotate-manuals/caching-support/
    Personally I prefer Borlabs cache as it’s much easier to set up.

robmm
    Badges:

Thanks for the quick response.

I disabled stats yesterday and cleared all caches, but I suppose it’s possible people still have the site open in their browser since yesterday. Those should disappear over the next few days.

Enabling W3TC support in AdRotate led to visible “echo adrotate_group()” messages and I have not yet had the time to look into that, so I kept it disabled. I see there are some threads about it though, so I’ll look at those soon.

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

If you see a code instead of your advert you didn’t configure W3 Total Cache correctly.
    Check out the manual for the right settings.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

You may be interested in