Share of Voice

Not one for queueing up? Get faster support with AdRotate Pro!
The forum is checked a few times per week. With AdRotate Pro you can get answers faster using email support.
More private, more direct and usually a solution within a day! Learn more »

Home Forums AdRotate for WordPress General Support Share of Voice

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Arnan 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

hawks13
    Badges:

I have an advertiser who wants to have a share of voice of 25%. Is there a way to do this? The only thing I see is setting it to Few, Less than Average or normal. Is there a way to set it to 25?

Arnan
    Badges:

You can lower the weight of that advert to 2 or 4 for less impressions. But a clear division in a % or fixed number is of-course impossible unless you can look in the future and know how many people are going to visit your website.

Take a look at the weight option: https://ajdg.solutions/manuals/adrotate-manuals/the-weight-system/

paperweight
    Badges:

Hi: I have the same problem. I bought and installed the plugin a few weeks ago. I only have one advert in one group, and it seems to only display about 25% of the time (I have no ad blockers).

Under the “Advanced” section of the Adverts page at admin.php?page=adrotate-ads&view=edit&ad=1 I have the following settings:
    Weight: Many impressions
    Device: I have all checked
    Operating System: I have all checked

I want to display this ad all the time on this group. Like I said, I have only 1 advert on this entire site and only 1 group.

Is there anything I need to do to get the banner displayed?

Also, I sort of disagree with the rationale above. I have been using online ad software for about 20 years — used the very expensive Ad Metrix 20 years ago and then we migrated to free OpenX about 18 years ago and I still use OpenX from time to time. It is possible to measure 25% — it will not be entirely accurate, but the logic will display the advert 1 time after other ads are displayed 3 times… so it just rotates through and you can get about 24.99-25.1 accuracy. 😉

paperweight
    Badges:

One more thing: I am using the AdRotate Group widget on the sidebar. And it does not have a selection for adding weight… so I am only using the weight of the individual advert.

Arnan
    Badges:

@paperweight If you have 1 advert in the group it shows 100% of the time. There are no other adverts to share/divide the impressions with. More adverts makes the weight feature more effective.

If the group has, say, 2 adverts with a weight of 2 they both have equal chance to get picked which practically means they could get up-to 50% of the impressions (note: up-to).

paperweight
    Badges:

@arnan yes I understand that is how it should work, but I still often see a blank space where the ad should be displaying. Let me do some more checking and see if there is maybe a conflict with something somewhere.

Arnan
    Badges:

If you see blank spaces, that’s a problem somewhere else. The weight function does not cause gaps in displays. So that’s completely unrelated to the weight function.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Share of Voice’ is closed to new replies.